Working outside canada

xionWho

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
I received immigration visa to Canada for myself and my family today. I started the application process while being employed in India. While the application was processed, I got a job in Oman. The job is of the nature of 28/28 on off. Which means I continue to live in India. I go to Oman to work for 28 days. For the next 28 days I come back to India and live with my family.

I have visited Oman 3 times since March, this year. All the visits are related to my job. Also last month I resigned from my job in India. I have not informed Canadian Embassy about these facts. My wife and daughter stayed in India while I was in Oman.

My passport bears entry and exit stamp of Oman for the above visits. Now will I be allowed to enter Canada if I have not informed them about my visit to Oman for work after my application was made?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Doesn't matter

I don't think its a problem at all. I worked at several places during my PR process and never informed them, didn't havr any problems in landing at all. All you need is a valid address to receive your correspondance. As long as you have not received any objections during the process, you are fine. Now you have the landing papers in your hand, everything in past is already left behind. Simply fly to Canada and show your passport and landing papers to the immigration officer. They won't even check where did you live before landing. They just need a valid passport and a valid PR document for everybody that's landing. Once you land, they do care where you live and work since you are now a landed immigrant.

To make a long story short, just go and land. No worries!
logicators