Working on expired EAD

gc problems

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

is it possible, even by paying some penalty later, to work on an expired EAD. My EAD expires in end of June and, since I applied for renewal in May, my 90 days to not happen till Aug, 02.

Can I continue to work on the expired EAD while the renewal is being processed? What about 245 (k) under which, I hear, one can work for upto 180 days without proper authorization without effecting I485.

Thanks

No Title

I would suggest wait until you new EAD comes. Do not go by any of those rumours. Do not mess with your status. Hopefully you will get the new EAD before time. Mine was approved in apprx. 30 days both times. If you do not receive new EAD then take a vacation for 2-3 weeks or so, otherwise keep working without being on payroll. Later when new EAD comes it will be valid from the next day of the date of expiration of the previous EAD so you should be fine. Just don\'t accept any payments until you get new EAD in your hand.

No Title

Thanks, Mr. Agarwal.

It would be terrific to get EAD ahead of time. However, since my employer may not want to make all these accomodations, I just wanted to check.

Thanks

No Title

try local INS if you have an option (this means you should be in one of those places where INS offices do EAD in 1 day).

No Title

Try talking to IIO. If approved, you can even get a work authorization from local INS. Normally, approval is given within a month, but card only takes 3 months.

No Title

Yes,

I did think of that. Unfortunately, I think San Jose does NOT allow people to walk-in for EAD before the end of 90 days.

Thanks for the thought though