Working on Cotract W2 after switching

VH

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am joining a consulting company after I was laid off by my sponsoring company. I will be working as a consultant on a W2. I will get all benefits like 401K,medial insurance from my employer but my salary will be hourly. I will appreciate if somebody informs me of any issues in the future. Six months have passed after filing I-485 and I have an EAD. I have excellent relationship with my GC sponsoror.

Thanking You

Hari

full time?

Is the new consulting job a full time one?

You will need an employment letter stating that there is a full time job avaialble for you. Stating a eyarly salary would be better as the hourly wage may be considered a temporary job, and it might be aproblem.

You need an excellet relationship with the new co. unless you are going back to the old co. (which doesn't seem to be the case as you were laid off).

Hi Immi,

Thanks for the reply. The new position is a contract to hire. I will join the client after 3 months. Initially the consulting company will pay me an hourly rate. But I will be on W2 . The consulting company will be paying my taxes. I dont intend to inform INS.

Thanks

Hari Velappan

RFE

The employment letter will be required only in the case of an RFE, so jsut be preapred that if that is the case, your new co. will provide one.