Working for current employer after H1-B transfer has been approved

Caesar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am changing employers and my new employer is filing an H1-B transfer notice with USCIS for the end of April. I do not want to give a notice to my current employer until the transfer is approved (which can take 15 days). Therefore, it is expected that i will still have to work for my current employer AFTER my transfer day of end of April is approved.
The lawyer of my new employer said there is no problem working for the current employer even after my transfer is approved as long as my current employer does not invalidate my H1-B. Therefore, i can start with my new employer even after my transfer date and continue working for my current employer meanwhile.

The question is: can i work for my current employer let say till the middle of May even though the date on my H1-B transfer to the new employer is end of April?

Thanks!

Caesar

Even you can start June or July. If you do not want to join the new employer you can continue to work with present employer also.

Hi,

I am changing employers and my new employer is filing an H1-B transfer notice with USCIS for the end of April. I do not want to give a notice to my current employer until the transfer is approved (which can take 15 days). Therefore, it is expected that i will still have to work for my current employer AFTER my transfer day of end of April is approved.
The lawyer of my new employer said there is no problem working for the current employer even after my transfer is approved as long as my current employer does not invalidate my H1-B. Therefore, i can start with my new employer even after my transfer date and continue working for my current employer meanwhile.

The question is: can i work for my current employer let say till the middle of May even though the date on my H1-B transfer to the new employer is end of April?

Thanks!

Caesar