Work Restrictions on J2/EAD

j2dd

Hi,

I am currently on a J1 visa and my stay here is fully funded. Are there any limitations/restrictions on the type of a work your spouse can do on a J2 visa? Is it easy to get EAD with the intention to working in the financial domain? Also do companies have any policies against not giving work to people on J2 with EAD.

If someone is working on a J2 visa with an EAD in the corporate sector and can say its possible, even that is very helpful.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

The J-2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by a consular official at a U.S. embassy or consulate for spouses and dependents (unmarried children under the age of 21) of J-1 exchange visitors who accompany or later join the J-1 holder in the United States.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice.

my j1 experience

I went for my j1 visa interview on may 15,2013 in Nigeria. This is how it went
VO- Why did u want to go to America
ME- For Hotel Management Training
VO- Where are u going in America
ME- Am going to ..........
VO- Who is paying for your trip
ME- Am paying myself
VO- later gave me a paper saying according to section 214b and the visa was denied he didnt look at any of my support documents, Now i am going for a new interview in June what should i do to receive the visa. Hope to hear from u soon.

J2 visa for wife and kids

Hi,

I came to US in 2008 on F1 visa and did not mention on my visa application that I am married, and returned to India after completing my masters last week of May 2013.
I came back to US in first week of June 2013 as J1 visa...and I did not mention that I am married and I have kids

I did it becos I did not have marriage certificate from court and my stay was very short in India, although I have marriage certificate from priest

My workplace will give J2 to my wife and kids but I do not have marriage certificate

Since my initial application in 2008 and then again in 2013 did not show my kids and married status, will it be a problem for my family to get visa

Please advice

Thanks