Work Permit

BostonVHyderabadi

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for I-485 in March, 2000. The question that I have is, if I were to get my work permit

i) even though I am not planning on using it, will it void my H1 visa ?
ii) and planning on using it, will it void my H1 visa ?

Thanks
-Vish

No Title

When you use it, it will void your H1 visa, just receiving EAD won\'t void your h1.

No Title

i was told by my lawyer that you can go from EAD back to h1 to save h1 time but you have to go back to your country and come back

No Title

I was told by my lawyer that i can get my EAD by going to my local INS office on the same day! Is this true? Pls advice as my 6 yrs on H1 expire in April 2001

No Title

You better apply now because it will take some time to get EAD card in your hand and also most of the time local office takes any action ONLY IF YOUR FILING WITH SERVICE CENTRE HAS COMPLETED 90 DAYS.. Hurry before its too late since you can not work officially untill you you rec\'d EAD card.

No Title

If at all possible, (depending on your case details such as PD etc., )you may be able to extend H1 status.

If you do not intend to leave your current employer, H1B is the way to go - it simplifies the status issues, going to India ( or home country ) etc.

If you want to leave your employer after 6 months of I-485 which is now the new law, H1B does not help find a new job quickly. Then, EAD is the way to go.

Hope this helps,

ESSARR