Work In Manhattan, Live in ????( Not Imm. Related)

aaronb

Registered Users (C)
Folks

I apologize for putting it up here but just wanted to get ideas from the forum where I have been putting up for the last 1-1/2 years.

So, If one is working in Manhattan, what is good place to live in or around Manhattan? Is it possible to buy a Condo etc.

I might have to move there. So, Please advise.

Thanks

Man, forget about buying condo...ofcourse I am not sure how much you earn blah..blah...
Right now where do you stay ? u got a family ? where in manhattan ? There are couple of places in NYC you can actually live in and commute to NYC or stay in NJ too. Lot of folks even do that. Anyway write more detailly...so that somebody can help you out

I think you can stay Jersey City, Edision, Metro Park area, every day you can travel through train or bus

nit bad idea

I would first try Queens or Brooklyn. Contrary to popular belief - there are nice neighbourhood around( J. city is horrible ) with prices not as expensive as NJ. I own a co-opbuilding in a certain part of Brooklyn - and the neightbourhood is pretty good.

Now - don't take it personally - but buying a condo in Manhattan was kinda funny.

Take care buddy.

best place

try hoboken. lived there for 3 yrs. excellent place. cool restaurants and bars. don't need a car. 15 mins from manhattan. (35 mins with morning traffic). rents are comparable to manhattan but you get more space.

Live in Jersey City....

St Paul Condos in Jersey City is very good place to live in.............
Indian mkt is near.....u dont need CAR..........PATH, Bus, SSA office, DMV, INS office.........everything is near at walking dis.

I bedroom condo costs between 150K to 200K......rent is 1200-1600...nice NYC skyline view...........

Good luck

Thanks for the input.

As you could see, I do not know much about the place "Buy a Condo....". So, offcourse I am not taking it personaly. I am in San Jose right now and due to some circumstances might have to move.

BTW, how is the job market there?

Thanks

question

a) you are sure that your GC will be rejected in 1 year and have huge available credit in your credit cards.

b) If you have no family, and earn > 120 K

c) Have Rich dady or inheritence, you are working for fun

Than move to manhattan.

BTW, i love manhattan, barely can afford going there over the weekends...

jersey city ??

Great place. Y're right. What a liee

Weehawken,
Princeton,
Morristown

Some of the good place to enjoy life close to manhattan