work experience

felix31

Registered Users (C)
have a question regarding minimum work exp requirement to qualify as SW for Canada.

Will my IT full time paid work exp from nov 1996 - sep 1999 NOC code 2281 count even though it happened more than 10 yrs ago?

Please help, anyone...??

Last edited by a moderator:
someone must know something ...... .????

I cannot find any info anywhere about counting work exp that has starting date more than 10 yrs ago?

anyone in similar situation?

Its used in your points tally up when qualifying for skilled worker. Last time ( few years back) I checked I think the max points you got were for around 5 years of experience.

You can check the canandian website and select skilled worker qualification and see how much point for how much experience.

thanks for responding ray6855,

have done all you are saying. Still I did not find any relevant info anywhere about applicants who happen to have more than 10 yrs of relevant work exp. I would hate to loose those initial 2+ yrs of qulifying exp from '96 to '99 .

Cause many of subsequent experiences were less than a year long and I am not sure if that will be counted or not. Sounds silly, right?

Even if they only count my US exp where I spent more that one year continuously with ONE employer, I think I will ultimately get full 21 points.

And if CND visa officer thinks I dont qualify, there is always UK and Australia to apply for...

Cheers everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
question/work exp

Hi, I'm just starting to check into this. I want to move from the US to Canada. As of yet, I know nothing about doing this. But one question I do have is... Are you saying that your prior work experience is important in your getting PR in Canada? And what else is a major factor if you know?

Thanks for any help you can give.