Work culture in Australia

Lru

Hi,
Could someone give me indication of the kind of work culture in Australia?
Do IT workers have to spend 40+ hours/week as in the US? or is it a must to leave the workplace by 6pm everyday?(I have overheard this from a friend)
Is life relaxed - compared to what it is in the US?
Any websites that specify what the work culture is in Australia?
-lrugnevm

lrugnevm,
Work in Australia is similar to the US. Being in IT, you know how it is, if there is a crisis, you won't be going home on time. Some things are exactly the same. You will get more public holidays than in the US. And generally speaking you will likely start with at least five weeks of vacation as opposed to 2 weeks in the USA. As a side note, most medical items are covered under your taxes so you will save money there as well.
Steve

Australia is famous and popular in all over the world. In Australia people do work in five days on week and two days have holiday. So In work time people do must work and in holiday people arrange small picnic with friends and family. They do enjoy.

Australia is best place for travel, work and live. There are many plays for travel. People do work in five days in Australia. In week ends they like to go in picnic with family and friends. They do more enjoy and relax.

Australians are very down to earth and always mindful of not giving the impression that they think they are better than anyone else. They value authenticity, sincerity, and loathe pretentiousness. Australians prefer people who are modest, humble, self- deprecating and with a sense of humour. They do not draw attention to their academic or other achievements and tend to distrust people who do. They often downplay their own success, which may make them appear not to be achievement-oriented.

Australia is best place for travel, work and live. There are many plays for travel. People do work in five days in Australia. In week ends they like to go in picnic with family and friends. They do more enjoy and relax.

I love Australia too

yes beautiful place to live and work, but would anyone tell me how can anyone get the work visa from Asian country like Pakistan, this query is needed for one of my friend living in Pakistan.

Australians are very down to earth and always mindful of not giving the impression that they think they are better than anyone else. They value authenticity, sincerity, and loathe pretentiousness. Australians prefer people who are modest, humble, self- deprecating and with a sense of humour. They do not draw attention to their academic or other achievements and tend to distrust people who do. They often downplay their own success, which may make them appear not to be achievement-oriented.

I agree, my friend living in Australia is a great person. I like their culture there and yes, IT is in demand in their place lately. However, you should consider the australia immigration points in order for you to have a happy living there. hope this simple information helps you. cheers!