wooooo.....approooooooooved

lz25888

Registered Users (C)
Long wait is over, 29 months…

got notice yesterday. the online message says approved on May 20. but i have the email notification turned off :D

it was a tough ride, survived many rounds lay-off, division acquired… , anyhoo… that’s over now...

hang in there, your day will come

i'll post my experience with security check later on, that's what holding up my case.

didn't update rupnet, that account was created 2 years ago and never use it since, no way can remember the password...

anyone use stamp to go canada? sam99, did you make the Canada trip with your stamp, long weekend in Canada is tempting..

I will make more contribution to our FUND, Hopefully the fund could help many people (Especially for people like Tufan) get what they should get in a short time and eliminate the unfairness and frustration along the process!

Congratulate !

Glad to see my fellow 2001 fellows get approved. I hope all of them get their approval.

Here is some information I get from my experience (some conclusion are deducted, might not be true)

Whole security check includes two portions: FBI name check (outside CIS) and IBIS check (CIS internal). (exclude fp check, as it's so smooth, rarely does anyone have issue with it)

IBIS check has validity of 35 days, FBI name check is one time deal (or valid for a long time).

IBIS takes minutes to finish, FBI name check takes days if you are clean, take couple monthes if there are someone in their database has similar name/background, take years if FBI forget about your case

Before 2002 Oct, CIS officer could go ahead with the adjudication of I485 after waiting FBI for 120 days. After 2002 Oct, case cannot be processed without feedback from FBI.

I-485 is adjudication-ready ONLY after the name check is cleared. (fp check as well, but again it's easy)

Based on FBI testimony, 85% case is done in 72 hours, 99% is done in 120 days.

FBI name check is handled by name check department; it’s not the same department for finger print check. Unlike fingerprint check department, which is smooth and easy, name check department seems to be not as efficient and have issues on the order how they process name checks. Sometimes they simply forget to pick up the request for a long time. (That’s what happened on my case: FBI forgot about my name check for the whole 2003! the lady returned my inquiry call was nice and gave my name check to an analyst right away and it’s done in two days!)

To give CIS credit, they did send 8 requests to FBI for my name check.

it looks like if CIS doesn’t get name check feedback from FBI after certain amount of time, they will send the request again.

Seems to me even though FBI holds major responsibility for the messed-up name check cases, CIS could do better to prevent it happen. Afterall I fixed the problem by a simple call to FBI.

If your local office doesn’t have long line, you could try stop by and ask if your name check is cleared. They have this information. (That’s where I found out my name check was the issue)

If your case is stopped at name check, congressman/senator/AILA can do nothing.

For my case, even though FBI said early Mar that my name check was done, it’s not until end of Apr. did I find from local office that my security check was all clear.

FBI Name Check answer machine: 202-324-2399
FBI Name Check fax number: 202-324-3367

Put the following in your fax:
---- A #
---- Full Name
---- Date of Birth
---- your email

fira, you will get yours soon...

lz25888 Congrats...

thanks for posting your experience. its really usefull and gave a hint for possible reason of case delay.

What happens if I call this number FBI Name Check answer machine: 202-324-2399. leave a message ? and some one will get back ?

lz25888 said:
If your local office doesn’t have long line, you could try stop by and ask if your name check is cleared. They have this information. (That’s where I found out my name check was the issue)

That's incredibly valuable information, thank you a lot for sharing.

But how come I can visit my local office if my case is in Vermont? Can you please clarify this, some details like which affoce it was and who exactly you talked to. Thanks.

Thanks, i sent them a FAX

Hi, I sent the FBI, the FAX with the Information for the name check status, let's wait if they return the "corteous' call!

Very useful Info lz25888, Thanks!

you can visit local office for information (as long as your local office is also within VSC area).

I just said we had pending case in VSC for long time, want to get some information and the ticket counter gave a ticket for information. I just asked information officer about the pending case status and name /security check status etc. It might differs from office to office, but they has the access to that information.

mine name check was done early Mar. according to FBI, but local office told me end of Apr. that mine check was clear then mine case was approved on May 20

lz25888 said:
you can visit local office for information (as long as your local office is also within VSC area).

I just said we had pending case in VSC for long time, want to get some information and the ticket counter gave a ticket for information. I just asked information officer about the pending case status and name /security check status etc. It might differs from office to office, but they has the access to that information.

mine name check was done early Mar. according to FBI, but local office told me end of Apr. that mine check was clear then mine case was approved on May 20
lz25888: Did you mean the CIS local office or FBI local office. How to find this local office? IC