Woo Hoo! I am done!

Zw1

Registered Users (C)
Hey all!

Just got done with my interview. As promised I am relaying my story. I came to this country in 1979 on an F-1 student visa to go to university. I went on to graduate school and in the meantime, I was sponsored by my school to fill in a position. I recieved my green card in 1990. I thought I had broken my continous residency so I decided could not apply for citizenship after 5 years.

I finally applied for naturalization August 15 2006. My interview was today at 11am. I arrived at 10.30 and took a book along to read so I could calm my nerves as I knew I would have to explain all those trips overseas. I was called in at 11.15am (I guess it is good to be scheduled before lunch as they are more or less on time). I was inetrviewed by a lady who looked very stern but ended up being nice. she seemed truly interest in my life so I thought I may be ok. From some of these posts I was expecting doom and gloom due to me long trips overseas.

we went through what was on the N400 application. She was very interested in my life and education. She did notice the trips but did not go into it other than ask me why but was satisfied with my answer. I was actually even enjoying myself at this time. I was asked 6 questions which I got right. we chatted some more. Wrote a sentecne in english. she told me she really enjoyed interviewing me and was approved. I will go back at 1.30 today to get my oath letter.

Finally done! wish everyone all the best!

Congratulations!

Please do tell us what district and what happened when you went in? Did they give you a number or did you put your application in a tray?

Congratulations!

Please do tell us what happened when you went in? Did they give you a number or did you just put your letter in a tray? How many other people were around? What do you think will happen if I go in earlier then my appointment, as in maybe more then an hour earlier?

Congratulations once again!

Thanks,
Mani

Did you say you will get the oath letter the same day afternoon? When is your oath ceremony?
Thanks.

it was Texas service center and the district office was West Palm Beach, Fl.
There wer at least 70 people in the waiting room and I had to put my letter in a tray. I was called in about 15 minutes later.

I just went back and collected my Oath Ceremony letter and I am scheduled for Tuesday june 19. I can wait!!