• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Won DV2009, Suddenly very worried..

IrishHope

Registered Users (C)
Hi all.

I just got my letter stated I had won in the DV2009 lottery. So I decided to fill out the forms and send then of ASAP.

BUT:
I am now very worried. I have searched for the answer to my problem but have yet to find it. It asks on the DS-230 form for any previous convictions. Unfortunately I have a drink driving conviction from about 8 years ago. I am now very worried this will effect my application. Does anybody know if this will? Or should I stop where I am? I was also in involved in a court case a few years back. This time it was, after I was assaulted. So do I list this too?

I appreciated any feedback as I am sick with worry at this state..

Thank you..

An alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, a crime involving moral turpitude or violation of any law relating
to a controlled substance or who is the spouse, son or daughter of such a trafficker who knowingly has benefited from the
trafficking activities in the past five years; who has been convicted of 2 or more offenses for which the aggregate
sentences were 5 years or more; who is coming to the United States to engage in prostitution or commercialized vice or
who has engaged in prostitution or procuring within the past 10 years; who is or has been an illicit trafficker in any
controlled substance; who has committed a serious criminal offense in the United States and who has asserted immunity
from prosecution; who, while serving as a foreign government official and within the previous 24-month period, was
responsible for or directly carried out particularly severe violations of religious freedom; or whom the President has
identified as a person who plays a significant role in a severe form of trafficking in persons, who otherwise has knowingly
aided, abetted, assisted or colluded with such a trafficker in severe forms of trafficking in persons, or who is the spouse,
son or daughter of such a trafficker who knowingly has benefited from the trafficking activities within the past five years.
Are you talking about this?

Also they ask for the past five years so nothing to worry about for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew! That is such a relieve! I was beginning to get very worried.. So do I still write it in the application or is there any need to?

Thank you very much!

There was a Supreme Court decision several years ago DUI does not make you inadmissible, if that is your only crime.

There was a Supreme Court decision several years ago DUI does not make you inadmissible, if that is your only crime.

Yes, its my only crime. I was worried because it asks on the form have you "EVER" been convicted. So I am still alittle apprehensive about leaving it out. But I don't want it to go against me either..

You have to fill out information about the crime committed, even if it was committed 50 years ago. Hiding that could make you a lot of troubles, and you might loose your chances to get a visa because of that.