WOM reactions and court appearance

resal_looc

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I filed my WOM for my pending I-485 (RD Dec. 2004) in September, this year.
Then I got an RFE for my I-485. My beloved company attorney is still working on it. Hopefull they would submit it by today.

I just received a letter, after getting a phone call, from the US attorney representing USCIS, motion to dismiss due to lack of subejct discretion.

I am not sure if this is the experience of guys/gals on this board. But at this point, I would like to see if anyone knows better than what I can find on this board.

1. Any attorney who has successfully represented anyone for WOM appearance in court?
2. Has anyone on this board ever gone to court themselves?
3. Is it possible to transfer to a different district court, with a more friendly record (e.g. N. CA or NY, CT, MA), with a pending job relocation? I am fighting against US attorney in Detroit, my district court is in Ann Arbor.

Many thanks!

EB2-NIW-CHINA AD: Nov. 2004
I-485: RD: Dec. 2004

what is the query you got USCIS

what is the query you got it from USCIS? Based on the question I may help little bit

RFE content

The RFE is the usual.

for me; EVL and H1B + EAD + I20 during my stay in the US;
for my wife: marriage and H1B + EAD + I20 during her stay

Does the content of the RFE matter?

I thought is a USCIS routine to keep me busy.

Usual USCIS tactic...

resal_looc said:
Dear all,

Then I got an RFE for my I-485. My beloved company attorney is still working on it. Hopefull they would submit it by today.

I just received a letter, after getting a phone call, from the US attorney representing USCIS, motion to dismiss due to lack of subejct discretion.

I am not sure if this is the experience of guys/gals on this board. But at this point, I would like to see if anyone knows better than what I can find on this board.

1. Any attorney who has successfully represented anyone for WOM appearance in court?
3. Is it possible to transfer to a different district court, with a more friendly record (e.g. N. CA or NY, CT, MA), with a pending job relocation? I am fighting against US attorney in Detroit, my district court is in Ann Arbor.

Many thanks!

EB2-NIW-CHINA AD: Nov. 2004I-485: RD: Dec. 2004

Hi there,

The motion to dismiss this case by US attorney as lacking due to discretion is their usual playbook. Since you have lawyer, he need to file a motion opposing this motion from US Attorney, and cite relevant cases which warrant this matter to be brought before the District Court in Ann Arbor. There are over 100 cases which your lawyer can site which will see to it that Judge rule in your favor, to get the case move forward, meaning to be heard in front of HIS courtroom. In about 99% of lawyer filing to oppose the motion from the US attorney, judges have ruled in their favor and found the govt or US attorney to be negligent or not providing proof as why this case should not be heard. So, your lawyer should file a motion to oppose a request by the US govt.... :mad:

Realise this, if you have a lawyer representing you in the immigration process, he is supposed to represent you in court. However, you can be represented by an attorney, should you so desire. However, you need to file a brief or notice with the court that you are now represented by attorney, this will have to be communicated to all the parties to the lawsuits. If you personally filed the motion, then you can represent yourself in court. However, the govt will have trained lawyers on their side, so you can represent yourself, by filling this motion for yourself, but you have to write a powerful motive to oppose this motion by US attorney. Man, you can do this... As long as you cite revelant case law, the judge is going to deny US attorney motion based on your compelling case law and opposition, and immediately set a date for trial. My experience, once the govt loses this motion, they act quickly to adjudicate your case, so as to avoid trial at all costs. It involves appt jury, which is money and time. So, they quickly act to finish your case, but they will ask you to withdraw your case, because once it is in the district court, they have no power to adjudicate it. However, you will have to withdraw your case without prejudice from the case, GIVING YOU AN OPTION TO Refile should they fail to give you the benefit sought within a time frame. You will have to negotiate and GET IN WRITING with the US attorney the time he needs to get USCIS to approve or deny your petition, generally give him 30 days. After all, you have been waiting for a long time.... So, each deal you make with the US attorney, get it in writing to ensure that you have proof, and don't agree to anything with him or her, without seeing it in black and white. :cool:

Lastly, when you move to another state, that district office cannot adjudicate your case for 3 months, until to have met a residency test in the jurisdiction. Also, where you file a case, unless there unusual circumstance for the case to be moved, it will be heard there. However, you can withdraw the case, wait for 3 months in your new state, and file a lawsuit again against the USCIS. However, you want to avoid being seen as filing frivolous lawsuits against USCIS, but in my viewpoint, it will not be.... :rolleyes:

Good luck...

That's a nice post, Al Southner! I know lack of jurisdiction and inappropriate venue are the most widely used tricks by AUSA in their motion to dismiss. I'm in the process of preparing my opposition to their motion and am looking for related information. You said there are "over 100 cases" that one can cite to counter AUSA's arguement. Could you please point me to where I can find such information? --Thanks!

Madison04 said:
That's a nice post, Al Southner! I know lack of jurisdiction and inappropriate venue are the most widely used tricks by AUSA in their motion to dismiss. I'm in the process of preparing my opposition to their motion and am looking for related information. You said there are "over 100 cases" that one can cite to counter AUSA's arguement. Could you please point me to where I can find such information? --Thanks!

Madison and Resal_loc,

Guys send me your email address in the private discussion board email, and will forward my motion to oppose the US attorney, to your emails. Remember that I never filed the lawsuit, because after threatening one, then USCIS quickly moved to adjudicate my wife's case and naturalized her. However, this guideline would have prevailed against the US attorney, because as you will see, this motion is very very strong, and riddled with decision from various federal courts, supporting my case that this case be heard in front of this court and it has merits.

So, send me your emails...

cheers.

AL

Thank you

I have also sent you my email address.

I just opened a PACER account and am going to comb through cases this weekend.

Thank you so much in advance!

received email approval notice

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind help.

Today, we both received our email approval notices.

What should I do to dismiss the case?

Details:
I-140 Eb2-NIW, RD: 08/2003, AD:11/2004;
I-485 RD:12/2004, many FP, Medical, EAD, AP;
WOM submitted 09/15/2006;
RFE issued 09/27/2006;
MTD received 11/16/2006;
RFE responded 11/17/2006;
Appproved: 11/22/2006

Congratulations!!! Enjoy a peaceful Thanksgiving holidya!

I just sent a private message to you. Could you please check and reply?

Thanks!

resal_looc said:
Hi All,

Thank you for your kind help.

Today, we both received our email approval notices.

What should I do to dismiss the case?

Details:
I-140 Eb2-NIW, RD: 08/2003, AD:11/2004;
I-485 RD:12/2004, many FP, Medical, EAD, AP;
WOM submitted 09/15/2006;
RFE issued 09/27/2006;
MTD received 11/16/2006;
RFE responded 11/17/2006;
Appproved: 11/22/2006

You guys are succusfully rocking the boat, let us see if I can!

Congrats!
Al southner,

I am really tired of these namechekc delays.I wanted to do WOM. can you send any attnoneys in the bay area? or how difficult it is to file a pro se?
You guys are rocking the boat, congrats for that.Let us see if I can!
I have sent an email, pls reply.
Any help appriciated.
Thanks,

I have been stuck in namecheck as well. I have read alot about people filing WOM and being successful. I have'nt heard the reverse. What are the disadvantages of filing a lawsuit besides time and money. My I-485 has been pending about a year now. I have done Senator and Congressman's inquiry but only found that application is pending FBI name check.
Is it too early to even consider a WOM

PD sept 03
EB2 worldwide
Nebraska Serv Ctr
LC approved : 10/05
I-140/I-485 filed 12/2005
I-140 approved : 1/06
I-485 pending name check

I read about a guy in this forum whose wife got denied because they did more thorough search and found that she had misrepresented and registered to vote although he confirmed that that is not the case. I think he is filing MTR and I am sure he will suceed as the authorities clearly told him and the uscis that she is not registered to vote. If you file they might find a fault and deny or make lfe miserable. On the other hand many have filed wom and won so who knows what they will do.

Success stories are plenty on this forum and sad story as above only few so I think it is worthwhile if there are no issues in your case.

I wonder if I have an issue with my case and it maybe used against me. My previous EAD expired on 12/12/2005 and I got a new one as of 3/24/2006. Thus, there was a gap of "illegal" employment. And when I ran it by my attorney he said not to worry about it, but again, he tells me to never worry about anything at all, so I'm confused. Any thought? :confused:

opposition to dismiss

I had the very similar situation as yours. My wife and I filed WOM (RD Nov. 2003) on November 2006. Today, we received the motion to dismiss from US attorney due to lack of subject discretion.

In AUSA's letter, he cited a most recent case from Dallas district in which the judge dismissed the case which is very similar to our's.

I guess we have to fight against this. It seems that WOM is our last resort. We really do not want to screw up this.

Basically, what should we do to prevent the judge to dismiss this case? Before, we filed the WOM by ourselves. Now, is it helpful for us to hire a lawyer to do this?

EB2-NIW-China, AD Nov, 2003,
I485 RD Nov, 2003

resal_looc said:
Dear all,

Many thanks!

EB2-NIW-CHINA AD: Nov. 2004
I-485: RD: Dec. 2004

xdz47875 said:
I had the very similar situation as yours. My wife and I filed WOM (RD Nov. 2003) on November 2006. Today, we received the motion to dismiss from US attorney due to lack of subject discretion.

In AUSA's letter, he cited a most recent case from Dallas district in which the judge dismissed the case which is very similar to our's.

I guess we have to fight against this. It seems that WOM is our last resort. We really do not want to screw up this.

Basically, what should we do to prevent the judge to dismiss this case? Before, we filed the WOM by ourselves. Now, is it helpful for us to hire a lawyer to do this?

EB2-NIW-China, AD Nov, 2003,
I485 RD Nov, 2003
Please see this for, it would be helpful.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=740&pp=10