Wo-hooooooo !!!

hadron

Registered Users (C)
The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN100145****

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On December 2, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Long time coming. The last step (adjustment of status) took a bit over 2 months. Thanks to everyone here who was nice enough to share their knowledge and willing to comiserate about this whole mess. In my case, everything went by the book and I luckily didn't have any snags along the way. Still, I am happy that this long process is over.
Tomorrow I'll go out and
- buy a gun ;)
- register an aircraft
- open a subchapter S-corp :)
- send a cheque to Senator conrads re-election campaign.

(all things nonimmigrant alien status precluded me from doing. just kidding about the gun thing)

Congratulations!

Hi Hadron

You have been a great help to lot of J-1 Physicians - Before, during and After Waiver. God Bless you. Please continue to be active on this blog.

Thanks a lot.

Luzi

I just noticed that the USCIS guys apparently lack a bit in the english language department. 'We had mailed', what tense is that, and who are they talking to, me, my attorney, a third person receiving this email.

I'll keep checking in here from time to time. While my case is now closed, I still have friends, colleagues and family dealing with the same issues.

Heartliest Congratulations Hadron!

You may or may not remember me (I have to create new ID to congratulate you as I forgot my info with old ID), but you have helped me a great deal. In fact, based on your advise (about extension of H1b beyond six years - of course this was a while back, probably in 2003), I did my fellowship and now I am a cardiologist. Done with EB1 I140 and will file 485 soon.

Had it not been for your advise, I would never have been at the point where I currently am; especially I would never had done fellowship.

Again, congratulations on getting your long overdue greencard. I am very very happy for you. What goes around comes around....wish you luck for your future career and life.

And yes, trust me, I will pay it forward.

Thanks for the kind words.

Wow, 2003. A lot has happened since. Glad I could be of some help.

I sporadically check into this forum here. I have noticed that it has gotten pretty quiet lately. Not many people asking questions and not many contributors who can answer them. Either people nowadays have better access to this information than we had back then or maybe those kinds of questions have moved on to some other online forum.

Received the plastic card today. This must be a new USCIS record. Filed I485 on 10/21/09 and received plastic card on 12/8/09, less than 2 months.

Life is different now.

I wish everyone else the same luck with their greencard quest.

Congratulations to you! I just received the greencard in the mail also. I got it through my husband's EB-1 petition as a derivative. It took 1 1/2 years since he applied and 2 months after completion of my J1 waiver. It sure feels good.
Thanks for all your help during this process.

Congratulations to you! I just received the greencard in the mail also. I got it through my husband's EB-1 petition as a derivative. It took 1 1/2 years since he applied and 2 months after completion of my J1 waiver. It sure feels good.
Thanks for all your help during this process.

Funny, so we where basically in the same boat. In the end, I got it through a follow-to-join based on my wifes petition.

Congrats. Hadron. Your help has been invaluable to so many of us. If I'd never visited this forum, I might still have been waiting. My lawyer in 2002 gave me some very bad advise.

We also got our 485s approved last month after 4 1/2 yrs at the 485 stage.
I completed my NIW last July, and it still took them this long even though our PDs were intermittently current. I wrote a letter of complaint to the ombudsman. Our approvals happened precisely 2 weeks later. Not sure if the two were related.
Anyway started the waiver in 2002, and so happy that this is all over.

We also got our 485s approved last month after 4 1/2 yrs at the 485 stage.
I completed my NIW last July, and it still took them this long even though our PDs were intermittently current.

Congrats !

I feel for those of you with priority date issues. Don't know about the constitutionality of the national origin quotas. It just seems very unamerican to discriminate against someone purely on the basis of where he is born and how many of his countrymen have immigrated to the US in the past 5 years rather than his own merits. In some cases, it gets really bizarre where someone of indian origin but born in Kenia will leapfrog thousands of others simply because his parents had a job abroad at the time.

The problem is, the administration of orderly immigration is pretty much a discretionary goverment function, it would be hard for anyone to have legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of the existing system. I just know that if a similar quota system (that also pretty conveniently divides along lines of skin color) was applied to US citizens, it wouldn't last a year until the supreme court would throw it out.

Congrats !

I feel for those of you with priority date issues. Don't know about the constitutionality of the national origin quotas. It just seems very unamerican to discriminate against someone purely on the basis of where he is born and how many of his countrymen have immigrated to the US in the past 5 years rather than his own merits. In some cases, it gets really bizarre where someone of indian origin but born in Kenia will leapfrog thousands of others simply because his parents had a job abroad at the time.

The problem is, the administration of orderly immigration is pretty much a discretionary goverment function, it would be hard for anyone to have legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of the existing system. I just know that if a similar quota system (that also pretty conveniently divides along lines of skin color) was applied to US citizens, it wouldn't last a year until the supreme court would throw it out.

I agree with you on this point. The irony in my case is that though I was born in India along with her billion people, We migrated when I was 3, and I grew up in and carry the passport of a country with fewer than a million people.
Furthermore, my wife from India, had a Priority Date which was way ahead of mine though in EB3. Although I could have used her nationality were she from another country, I could not use her Priority date.
Anyway this byzantine set of rules in the immigration system, benefits none but lawyers and the like. Just glad to be finally out of it. What a mess.

Hi. I am new to the community. Congratulations to you. I could really use some advice at this juncture. I am going to start my residency in 2010 and while I am making my ROL. its hard to rank some of the best universities lower than other programs purely because they sponsor J1. I wanted to ask you how complicated is the whole J1 waiver process for physicians? Can I start the process of GC filing while doing a J1 waiver job??

See my reply in the other thread. Also, there is a stickied thread near the top of the page with a general outline of what has to be done for the waiver. Now, that information is current as of mmh 2004 or so. So many of the contacts in the health departments and local policies will have changed.

Thank you again Hadron

I finally got my greencard!

Thank you very much Hadron for all your help over the years. My journey started with your encouragement to stick to H1 visa and not go for J visa and then how to extend H1 beyond 6 yrs...rest is a history.

I just want to share my sincere thanks and appreciation to you and the rest of the community on the forum.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new residency and have some peace of mind about your status. Remember that the US was built by immigrants, and those that hate have simply forgotten this fact.

Process Finally Over

Hello friends,

I have been logging in to this forum from time to time. I came on a J1 visa in 1999. Went through all the complexities of the waiver with all it's ups and downs. Was on H1 for the waiver, changed jobs, endured the retrogression....and finally received the greencard by mail today. I am happy that the process is over but wanted all you physicians to keep going and be patient.

My best to everyone in the forum.

I have been logging in to this forum from time to time. I came on a J1 visa in 1999. Went through all the complexities of the waiver with all it's ups and downs. Was on H1 for the waiver, changed jobs, endured the retrogression....and finally received the greencard by mail today. I am happy that the process is over but wanted all you physicians to keep going and be patient.

Congratulations.

I allways felt that those of you who got hit by retrogression have one of the rawest deals in the immigration world.

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN100145****

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On December 2, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Long time coming. The last step (adjustment of status) took a bit over 2 months. Thanks to everyone here who was nice enough to share their knowledge and willing to comiserate about this whole mess. In my case, everything went by the book and I luckily didn't have any snags along the way. Still, I am happy that this long process is over.
Tomorrow I'll go out and
- buy a gun ;)
- register an aircraft
- open a subchapter S-corp :)
- send a cheque to Senator conrads re-election campaign.

(all things nonimmigrant alien status precluded me from doing. just kidding about the gun thing)

but you must buy a gun...??? I did that and shoot a guy within 3 months after wards
(some punk who tried to steal my ca from the drive way in front of my house)