withdrawing the application - takes 2-3 weeks!!

ImmPortal

Registered Users (C)
my DC date is Aug 27th. I am planning to with draw my application. The lady there said even withdrawal takes 2-3 weeks!! I am leaving to India late Nov. So got to send the withdrawal request right now.

thought some of you might be in the same situation.

hi ImmPortal,

when is your travel date ? i am also planning to withdraw the application , do you have any format letter for withdrawl application ?

-Raj

withdrawal may not be slow.. after all.

update:

I faxed my withdrawal request just yesterday (after working hours) and today my return packet is already picked up!! DC office scared me yesterday saying it takes 2-3 weeks.

So guys thinking of withdrawal, consider this.

Raj, I will pm you my contact info.

ImmPortal,

I enabled the personal message option, i am not sure that's the right option or not anyway try to use that feature to provide the contact info.

Thanks
-raj

Withdrawl Info Needed.

Hi,

I need to know what all we need to send for withdrawl application. Which fax number we need to send the details. if you have any sample letter , can you please post it. I am going for my marriage to India on December 2nd. So if i am not recieving my passport by November 18th , can i send withdrawl it seems it takes minimum 5 to 8 days. Is it True? Please respond asap.

What all i need to send for withdrawl, please respond.

Thanks and i really appreciate your help.

jonty7278,

Here is sample letter

Request for withdrawal of Visa Revalidation Application

To
U.S. Department of State
Visa Revalidation Department

I applied for visa revalidation through mail in July. I would like to withdraw the application since I made plans to travel to India on Nov 25th. Please send the my application. Information regarding my application is provided below. Thanks for your cooperation

Name Name

Date of Birth mm/dd/yyyy

Place of Birth India

Visa Catagory H1B1

Method Send FedEx

Date Dept of State
Received Application 07/25/2003 (in St.
Luis Center)

Name and Return
Address on the Applicaton Name,Address

Contact Phone Numbers Work, Mobile

Before withdrawing closely follow the july or August Revaldation thread it gives your better idea.

-Raj