Withdrawing I-485

coolnyguy2004

Withdrawal Procedure for I-485

Hi,

I am the derivative beneficiary of my wife's I-485 application. I am planning to withdraw my I-485 due to personal issues. Can anyone help me answering these questions? Thanks a lot.
1. What is the procedure to withdraw I-485? I have AP and EAD approved. Do I need them for any future documentation purpose or I surrender them?
2. Currently I am on H1B and my labor is under processing. Will this withdrawal give me any problems when I apply for my I140 and I485 in next one year or so?
3. Does this affect my wife's I-485 application? Her I-140 is still pending.

Again thanks a lot for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can apply for your own i-140 /i-485 even with teh current one pending or u can with draw the current one . should not affect your wife's current i-140 /485 application

coolnyguy2004 said:
Hi,

I am the derivative beneficiary of my wife's I-485 application. I am planning to withdraw my I-485 due to personal issues. Can anyone help me answering these questions? Thanks a lot.
1. What is the procedure to withdraw I-485? I have AP and EAD approved. Do I need them for any future documentation purpose or I surrender them?

-- You can write a formal letter to withdraw your case. or, you can just sit on the application and not go for FPs etc..which will result in denial anyway.
You'll need your EAD details, if you are going to apply for the same in future.

2. Currently I am on H1B and my labor is under processing. Will this withdrawal give me any problems when I apply for my I140 and I485 in next one year or so?

-- Got no relation to your current H1B. Its a seperate process and no way related.

3. Does this affect my wife's I-485 application? Her I-140 is still pending.

-- Nope.

Again thanks a lot for the help.