withdrawals - a disturbing trend

ND022202

Registered Users (C)
have spotted a couple of recent withdrawals in 02-045 series, after a long wait and "RFE received" status. Don't know what that means, but it 's really, really sad to see this. Hang on guys.

ND, can you copy paste the full message?

BTW, I have seen a lot of RFE Received cases being stuck in 02-46 forever also.

withdrawal message in 02-045

"On ..., we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application. This withdrawal completes all action on this application. If 14 days have passed...bla-bla-bla " -
according to scaner, previous status was RFE received, march 03.

1. Company's lawyer received RFE.

2. Applicant already laid off and doesn't know about RFE.

3. Lawyer sent notice to INS about withdrawal.

Tasse, yea but I've never heard of this happening before .. my worry is, INS hasn't shredded his app or something and marked his status to this.

I think it is a voluntary withdrawal as a result of some kind of a trouble to prevent denial and with the intent to resubmit later. I don't know if denial in GC is final, maybe if it is, someone tried to avoid this outcome. Note, there are two cases which seems unrelated - RFE on different days, withdrawals on different days. A trend...

Don't know about that. Wasn't there a post recently about some European whose father was returning and abandoning his AOS?

Well things like that could happen. People, have been getting laid off left right and center. And if they can't get a job or have money to stay here do tend to go back. And as Tasse posted, a very reasonable scenario.

I don't think it has anything to do with INS rejecting applications, (they have to work before they reject anything), it is more cases of companies/people withdrawing applications after lay offs etc.

Don't jump to conclusions based upon a couple of cases! :)

Don't know but I think it is too soon to jump to conclusions!

Besides we have really checked the other threads for this kind of flag. ND022202 is doing a great job on his scans! :)

Originally posted by Tasse
1. Company's lawyer received RFE.

2. Applicant already laid off and doesn't know about RFE.

3. Lawyer sent notice to INS about withdrawal.

no, actual scenario was RFE received by CSC and withdrawal followed in 1 month after RFE received date.

You mean the adjustee withdrew his application after responding to the RFE?

Interesting! But still need more cases before declaring it as a trend.

140, ur right, I saw only one or two more such withdrawals for some 01 series, i mean a withdrawal after a long enough wait, but previous status is unknown, because I bumped into it on the 1st scan.
kashmir can detect it now in touched cases. Let's see.

in the case of death it will be hanging forever unless someone, say a lawyer, gives a hint to INS. Or if last status was waiting for respond to RFE, it can trigger denial if some preset time limit is reached (999 days).

no, 140, i meant, if nobody responds to RFE in a long while, then, this silence may trigger a denial (but this is only my guess).

RFE response time is 120 days not 999. But probably the lawyer or company will issue withdrawal petition once they find out that the client is dead!