• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

With Nigeria gone, a little more than 6000 selectees spots avaiable for africa

jayo2k

Registered Users (C)
in 2012, 6 218 selectees for nigeria, now gone, about 2 millions less entrans for Africa and if we spread the nigeria spots evenly among africa countries, that would bring about 115 more entries per countries... the odds are way higer for some.
What do you think?
Honnestly I miss the state, Canada is ok but no way near the stats

As horrible as it is for those from Nigeria whom have not been selected thus far, for us other Africans, this is great news!:eek:

As horrible as it is for those from Nigeria whom have not been selected thus far, for us other Africans, this is great news!:eek:

worse for the 2012 may first from Bangladesh.. Can you imagine that, 7 millions entries and only 6000 entrants.. the odds are very slim, on top of that, you got your winning removed...

That being said, for us other form Africa... One man's misery is another man's happiness...
For me the odds did more like doubled because Before I was applying alone without putting my wife who is from Haiti... Now since I learn she can claim my birth country, we both applied and with Nigeria gone, our chance are way higher

Sorry to burst the bubble, but they will adjust the regional quota to distribute the selectees/visas how they want, so with NIgeria out, Africa as a whole will get less visas...

worse for the 2012 may first from Bangladesh.. Can you imagine that, 7 millions entries and only 6000 entrants.. the odds are very slim, on top of that, you got your winning removed...

That being said, for us other form Africa... One man's misery is another man's happiness...
For me the odds did more like doubled because Before I was applying alone without putting my wife who is from Haiti... Now since I learn she can claim my birth country, we both applied and with Nigeria gone, our chance are way higher

hello jayo2k,

what part of africa are you from?

Angola bro

when i saw your signature,i thougt you were selected for dv2014,but from what i figured from your post,it seems you have not been selected yet,and that prompt your post about Nigeria ineligible for dv2015 for your chance to be selected next year.

All the same,i wish you goodluck this time around,and keep hoping.meanwhile,it took me 14 years of trying before i was finally selected.So faith works wonder for those who believe.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but they will adjust the regional quota to distribute the selectees/visas how they want, so with NIgeria out, Africa as a whole will get less visas...
Not really, it doesn't work that way.
they are not selecting based on the applicants numbers but based on the number of immigrant in the US, that is why no matter that Asin had more than 50% of entrans, they got less selectees than Africa.
As long as Africa send fewer immigrants to the US than other regions, it will get the most visas.

Not really, it doesn't work that way.
they are not selecting based on the applicants numbers but based on the number of immigrant in the US, that is why no matter that Asin had more than 50% of entrans, they got less selectees than Africa.
As long as Africa send fewer immigrants to the US than other regions, it will get the most visas.

Yep I understand how the quotas work, but Nigeria are excluded because of the number of immigrants they have sent so it will cause a recalc of the quota.

Yep I understand how the quotas work, but Nigeria are excluded because of the number of immigrants they have sent so it will cause a recalc of the quota.

yes it will, but not that much, it is only one country so the odds are way higher

Issued
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2014AF54xx 01 BMB
Case Creation Date: 01-Nov-2012
Status Updated Date: 24-Jan-2014

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.