Wish my 485 approval was delayed by a week.

konark

Registered Users (C)
Yes, I really wish the 485 approval was delayed by a week. Because by that time I would have already boarded the airplane on my long planned and long awaited trip to India.

As per my attorney, since I am a LPR, the advance parole does not hold good anymore. I will have to get the passport stamped to travel. Though I have taken an infopass appointment for Thursday, I have doubts that I will get the papers for my family by then.

Spouse 485-- LUD changed but online message has not change yet.

I read in few postings that people were able to get the passport stamped using the online message printout. I doubt if this is acceptable in the Houston office. Hoping for the best this Thursday.

Any ideas? Any workaround?

I would say go to the office and tell them the 800 number told u to go and show them tickets and all that.
I dont believe the officer needs the approval letter, so technically nothing prohibits the stamping.
On ther other hand, if you did not receive an approval letter, then you were never officially informed that you are approved

What if you would just waiting the regular mail, instead of following your case electronically (like , in fact a normal , non-technical , people do ) :D

Suppose you are approved April 27th, but the mail arrives after you leave to India (have a safe trip, BTW ) .
Or the day you travel you don't read e-mail and miss the approval e-mail...
You're approved but you don't have an idea about that .

When you come back , you use your visa or AP , what happens ? I mean, in practice ? Does the officer realize that you're approved ?

Hey, my lawyer told clearly on her email that I can use email notification to get stamping. So dont wait, you deserve this trip. Enjoy......

rcvd the snail mail today.

I received the snail mail for me and my child today. Spouse received a RFE for medical. shall take care of it in a day or two and finally go on vacation next week.