Wisconsin SESA Tracker

Any Approvals for those who filed in May and June?

Bhavan:

looks like you are the next in line, any good news?

Is my opened or unopened cases?

My LC was submited to Wis. SWA in 09/2004 and received a letter with a case number on 9/28/2004. Does anyone know if mine is qualified as an opened case? See details(red colour) in quote below

Really hope that mine can stay in the SWA, don't want to get drown in Dallas BEC.

GC_Dreams18 said:
01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:
Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:
Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.
Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!
Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers. Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.
Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

Opened/Unopened..

This has been my question ever since. Even I received a "receipt letter" from MN SWA so would this be considered open or unopened.

Nobody seems to know the answer...

Opened/un-opened

It would be considered un-opened , you just recieved a reciept from DWD acknowledging that they recieved the file and is put into the queue. the reciept says that Initial review wil take place in so and so date , that would mean that they would just check for completeness of the application and not the adjudication

It would be considered open when a job order is placed / review and adjudication is started and stuff like that

Opened/unopened? I am still confused

Your explaination about what is an 'opened cases' is same as what I thought before I saw the following new definition. The new definition got me really confused. My case must have been 'opened' and data-entered in order to assign me a case-number. In this sense, I consider my case as opened, however with the same logic, most of those backlogged cases should be considered as opened case, but they are being sent to BECs. Anybody has contacted Winsconsin SWA recently? Is there a phonenumber or email address? Anybody has any idea?

The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants.

Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

Re: Master Tracker

Here are my details filled in :
lacrossegc , SWA PDate : 01/13/2003 -- Pending

Attached is the updated sheet

Master Tracker - Added all in WI_Labor Sheet

I added all other entries from WI_Labor.xls into this sheet ,
please verify that your entry is correct

Complete darkness!

The immigration_law.com reports today that the DOL has stopped reporting the processing date of SWAs and regionals. We are in complete darkness now! Hi, guys the only way we can get any update is to sharing information here. People who filed in May, June, July.... could you please update your status here?

Bhavan, Kcb2, Pvan and Javaguy, any update?

My labor RD is 9/28/04 and hasn't heard anyting since.

No update

2Manzi,
Haven't heard anything till now. Looks like the dates might go a bit backward instead of going forward because the cases have been moved to backlog centers. Just an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
pavanreddym said:
2Manzi,
Haven't heard anything till now. Looks like the dates might go a bit backward instead of going forward because the cases have been moved to backlog centers. Just an opinion.

My state labor got cleared yesterday (today my employer informed me). Looks like, things are moving (can not say at what pace though)

This is great news!

Pavanreddym:

Many Thanks for posting your status. Is your PD date 6/17? Do you know which day it was approved? One weeks ago? Looks like Winsconsin SWA is still processing LC, however at this pace I am not hopeful that mine will be get cleared before they ship everything to BEC. My RD is 9/28. I will need miracle on this.

Javaguy: you are next in line, hope yours will be approved soon.

pavanreddym said:
My state labor got cleared yesterday (today my employer informed me). Looks like, things are moving (can not say at what pace though)

Received a letter on Feb 15th

Hello guys,

Received a letter to update the salary information on Feb 15. Sent the reply back by Feb 20th. Wondering if this usually happens with every one or this is a specific case. Any one have any idea why they asked for this information.

Thanks,
kcb2

Winsconsin is gonna send cases to Dallas.

I asked my attoney to contact the SWA regarding the status of my application and here is the response from my attoney:

Below is the response I received from the Department of Workforce Development. It sounds like your case will be sent to the backlog reduction center in Dallas. It is difficult to say how long it will take to process at this point. We may know more in a few months. Here is the response:

We are working on June RIR cases at this point, however this case will be sent to the regional processing center in Dallas before we review this case at the State level.... This should happen within the next couple of weeks.. It's difficult to predict how long the cases will be in Dallas before review...

2manzi said:
Pavanreddym:

Many Thanks for posting your status. Is your PD date 6/17? Do you know which day it was approved? One weeks ago? Looks like Winsconsin SWA is still processing LC, however at this pace I am not hopeful that mine will be get cleared before they ship everything to BEC. My RD is 9/28. I will need miracle on this.

Javaguy: you are next in line, hope yours will be approved soon.

Approved

Hello Guys,

My State Labour is approved on 3/3/2005. Mine was filed on 6/7/2004. Updated the excell sheet.

Thanks very much for all ur suggestions and disscussions. Wish urs should be approved very soon.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Regards,
Siddy

kcb2 said:
Hello Guys,

My State Labour is approved on 3/3/2005. Mine was filed on 6/7/2004. Updated the excell sheet.

Thanks very much for all ur suggestions and disscussions. Wish urs should be approved very soon.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Regards,
Siddy

Hi,
My LC was filled out of WAUKESHA, WI. The PD is 5/10/2004. Paralegal says that my case was transfered to Dallas BEC. Looking at your PD=6/7/04, I doubt if the paralegal is correct. Anybody having any idea on how to check on my status without getting Attorney office involved, any phone numbers etc?
I would greatly appreciate help.

Please Helpppppppppppppppppp!

Guys,
Please help.

Hi,
My LC was filled out of WAUKESHA, WI. The PD is 5/10/2004. Paralegal says that my case was transfered to Dallas BEC. Looking at your PD=6/7/04, I doubt if the paralegal is correct. Anybody having any idea on how to check on my status without getting Attorney office involved, any phone numbers etc?
I would greatly appreciate any help.

any updates

Hi Friends,

Does any one heared any news about whats happening with our cases at WI.
Did they send our cases to BRC or not? How to find out whether our cases are with BRC? Do they provide any website or telephone number to get details about our case. This is so frustrating.. ;)
Does any one filed a new case under PERM? how does PERM is faring so far?
Your opinions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

BPC Tracker

The tracker can be found at:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

Today I added the 600th record to the tracker.

There are 419 records for people that made to Regional DOL
The rest are SWA records which tells me SWA people are still underrepresented in the tracker.

The tracker includes reports that may answer some of your questions so do please take the time to look at the reports.

I would also encourage you to review your info and post updates especially if I have missed your 45-day letter.

Good luck everyone.

JustWatching