• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winners who got NL BUT their Status Has NOT been selected

I have the same problem
Received the NL letter on 25 June
When I check on the WEB is sad
I WAS NOT SELECTED

OFF TOPIC one Question PLS!!!!!!!!!

I just received a letter for KCC that i was chosen for futher processing.
My questions are next:

1.I am married and I want to go by myself in US beacuse this is a big suprise for me and my wife.I want to sort it out thing's here first.Is it possible to go by my self and my wife to join later?
2.Can I stay the first time when I enter in US for 1 month an get back aggain in my country?
3.I did undersand that i can be out of US max 6 month with re-entry permit and after that i have to return back.How long Can I do that? To go on-off, 6 month home and one month in US for example?Is there any time limit for this procedure beacuse as I sad I need to pay out mu mortgage in next four years in my country and after those four years i would like to move in US.
How can I maintain my Lottary GC in those 4 years for example?

Thanks in advance
Davor
Edit/Delete Message

I have the same problem
I WAS NOT SELECTED

Maybe you have the same issue as my friend. Call KCC and they will ask for your birth year...Her's was entered wrong according the KCC representive and going online she typed in several different years and found out the year that was entered was her brothers birth year. No problem according to the KCC rep. as long as you can proof you birth date.

OFF TOPIC one Question PLS!!!!!!!!!

I just received a letter for KCC that i was chosen for futher processing.
My questions are next:

1.I am married and I want to go by myself in US beacuse this is a big suprise for me and my wife.I want to sort it out thing's here first.Is it possible to go by my self and my wife to join later?
2.Can I stay the first time when I enter in US for 1 month an get back aggain in my country?
3.I did undersand that i can be out of US max 6 month with re-entry permit and after that i have to return back.How long Can I do that? To go on-off, 6 month home and one month in US for example?Is there any time limit for this procedure beacuse as I sad I need to pay out mu mortgage in next four years in my country and after those four years i would like to move in US.
How can I maintain my Lottary GC in those 4 years for example?

Thanks in advance
Davor
Edit/Delete Message

You can stay out of the US for up to 6 months with no consequence, as long as the person has a vaild green card and passport. Over 6 months contact with the US consulate is needed and the green card holder can stay out of the country for up to a year. Over a year the green card holder will forfeit their green card and not be allowed to re-enter the country.

The US permanent resident CAN stay out of the country for more than a year if they apply for and are granted a re-entry permit by USCIS prior to leaving the country. However, for a PR to become a citizen, he/she must have 5 years of continuous residency and staying abroad for more than a year will typically break it regardless of whether a re-entry permit is issued/used.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...aying+in+the+country&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

But this above doesn't count if you only have been for a month...you have to show perminant residency like having paid utility bills, car ins., tax returns. You have no chance if you keep traveling in and out and showing not to be a perminent residence. You might end up being denied access at the border and that will be a waste of all your cost and efford to obtain the greencard. If your wife doesn't join you immediately than she has to aply after 5 years if you become a citizen otherwise she won't get a greencard.

The green card is made for people who have made up their mind...I understand that it is a huge step to move to another country but that is what the greencard lotery is for. People who really want to be here. IMO you are smart not to go head over heals to America and give up all you have in your home country and loose money. I read on other websites about people traveling in and out but that is more after being here for 5 years of showing you have been a perminent residence. For sure you have to be more in the US than in your own country. If you want more reassurence call USCIS and ask them.

Good luck and your question is why a large percentage never goes any further with their application and if you wouldn't have asked and got the GC and started to do what you are planning to do it can cost you excess into this country for not keeping up to the GC rule.

Me too... Tried different web browsers and made sure I had all the info right but it still shows up saying that I'm not among the ones selected for further processing. Not particularly worried about it... just curious :D

Thank's a lot Bentlebee on your answer and your time for answerin deeply and with facts. it realy clear'd up my mind .
You are right.
SAd thing is that in life either goog or bad things come in two's or sometimes threes.
When I get back from Australia in 2005 with a permanent resident visa in my pasport a thought after a year it was mistake for returning.
I playe'd lotary for DV visa from 2006.Me and my wife (SHE is AUSTRALIAN by birth,never lived there ,parents moved when she was 2) were thinking that maybe US is better is closer to home (EUROPE) and we played 2006,2007, and won 2008 entry for fiscal 2010.But.................. as I sad we recently setteled (4 month's ago) ,job,mortgage she had a job ,and at the end look what happend.Luck or Bad Luck alway's in two's.
Thanx aggain for explainin to me precisly with what will have to deal if I try to ride this journey

Thank's a lot Bentlebee on your answer and your time for answerin deeply and with facts. it realy clear'd up my mind .
You are right.
SAd thing is that in life either goog or bad things come in two's or sometimes threes.
When I get back from Australia in 2005 with a permanent resident visa in my pasport a thought after a year it was mistake for returning.
I playe'd lotary for DV visa from 2006.Me and my wife (SHE is AUSTRALIAN by birth,never lived there ,parents moved when she was 2) were thinking that maybe US is better is closer to home (EUROPE) and we played 2006,2007, and won 2008 entry for fiscal 2010.But.................. as I sad we recently setteled (4 month's ago) ,job,mortgage she had a job ,and at the end look what happend.Luck or Bad Luck alway's in two's.
Thanx aggain for explainin to me precisly with what will have to deal if I try to ride this journey

You can stay out of the US for up to 6 months with no consequence, as long as the person has a vaild green card and passport. Over 6 months contact with the US consulate is needed and the green card holder can stay out of the country for up to a year. Over a year the green card holder will forfeit their green card and not be allowed to re-enter the country.

The US permanent resident CAN stay out of the country for more than a year if they apply for and are granted a re-entry permit by USCIS prior to leaving the country. However, for a PR to become a citizen, he/she must have 5 years of continuous residency and staying abroad for more than a year will typically break it regardless of whether a re-entry permit is issued/used.

But this above doesn't count if you only have been for a month...you have to show perminant residency like having paid utility bills, car ins., tax returns. You have no chance if you keep traveling in and out and showing not to be a perminent residence. You might end up being denied access at the border and that will be a waste of all your cost and efford to obtain the greencard. If your wife doesn't join you immediately than she has to aply after 5 years if you become a citizen otherwise she won't get a greencard.

The green card is made for people who have made up their mind...I understand that it is a huge step to move to another country but that is what the greencard lotery is for. People who really want to be here. IMO you are smart not to go head over heals to America and give up all you have in your home country and loose money. I read on other websites about people traveling in and out but that is more after being here for 5 years of showing you have been a perminent residence. For sure you have to be more in the US than in your own country. If you want more reassurence call USCIS and ask them.

Good luck and your question is why a large percentage never goes any further with their application and if you wouldn't have asked and got the GC and started to do what you are planning to do it can cost you excess into this country for not keeping up to the GC rule.

You are right.

I got the Same problem!!! Got NL on hands but no entry on website...
Please, lemme know what's the best thing to do? Just forget about it, or I should contact the KCC?
Thanks!

I have the same problem
I WAS NOT SELECTED

Hai Budna,
How did you know that your NL letter isn't selected when you check at the Web? What web address did you open?

Checked again today and finally it gives the following response :D

Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2010 lottery.

If you have not received a letter instructing you how to proceed by August 1, 2009, please contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov.

Please remember that you do not have to pay until you apply for a visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy. The U.S. government will not ask you to send money by mail or by courier service.

I had been told on the phone that the website has gotten some problem which will be solved out soon. Since Yesterday, the site has been working fone for me. See attached respones I get from site.

Still the same thing... I hav e-mailed them. They are colse until Monday.