Windsor to Detroit daily

texancanadian

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know what its like to live in Windsor and commute to work to Detroit on a daily basis ? Can you do it with Canada PR card and with H1 B visa stamped in passport ?
How long does it take to cross border daily. How far is Troy from border ? Are theres busses from Windsor to Detroit with high frequency ?
How are rents in Windsor ?

Troy is like 20 mins from the border on a normal weekend drive (I live in Troy) but not sure about rush hour..other than that, you will need to add time spent waiting in line to cross from Canada to US, which varies depending again on time and day. I have seen many people commute daily, not sure about the PR card and H1, but it shouldn't be a problem...?
There might be buses but ur better off getting ur own car...otherwise google Windsor for the rest of ur queries.

texancanadian said:
Does anyone know what its like to live in Windsor and commute to work to Detroit on a daily basis ? Can you do it with Canada PR card and with H1 B visa stamped in passport ?
How long does it take to cross border daily. How far is Troy from border ? Are theres busses from Windsor to Detroit with high frequency ?
How are rents in Windsor ?

A friend of mine used to live in Windsor and worked in Detroit. He commuted by car with PR + H1B. He said some days the delays were brutal at the border. I am thinking about the same too. Windsor is cheap .. rent and buying a house.
Let me know how this goes. If you are not consulting and you are a full-time employee of a company you may work from home some days.