will working on an assignment in other country effect my 485

solannumberone

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
If someone can help me on this it would be great.
I've just filled for my I485. I'm about to finalize a project assignment in UK for 2 months, which probably starts in another 10 days. Can I travel to UK once my I485 has been filed. I still have a valid H1 which expires on Jan 2004.
My company (ABC whose H1 im on) does not have an office in UK. So when I need to get the visa for UK I've to go through the UK based company would this of any concer for my 485 if the UK based company sponsor my visa (I don't know what kind of visa it would be... business visa I guess). Will this in any way effect my 485 status since I'm not an employee of the sponsoring company.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

No Problem

I consulted my lawyer who has never been wrong so far and he stated the following:
If you are working for your H1B employer, then you should have no problem working in another country. As a matter of fact, the BCIS will probably never find out about and even if they do, it is still legal since you have not violated any of the conditions of your H1b. If a company other than your H1-b company is going to be paying your salary then I think you will have problems since you will have a break in employment if they ask you for salary slips.

I am pretty sure you don't need advance parol AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT WORKING ON EAD.

I worked in Europe for a period of six months for my H1b company (coming and going once per month) and I have had no issues so far. My 485 is still pending and I don't foresee any problems.

Good luck mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I485 EMPLOYMENT QUESTION

Hello guys,

Iam planning to file I-485 in a month. But the problem is that, my project got ended now , iam looking for a new one .
if iam unable to find one, Iam planning to work in india .

My questions are

After filing I-485 for a company A

1) Can i go back to india and work for different company "b" ?

2) after Filing I-485 , how long i can stay outside USA?

3) CAN I GO BACK TO INDIA AND WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY WHICH FILED I-485 ?

Your responses most appreciated and it will be helpfull for me .

NO

If you don't work for your sponsor company then your 485 becomes invalid and it is Game Over for you.