Will VSC or CSC or ???? will issue the card

mewar_se

Registered Users (C)
I had filed my i-485 at VSC.
EAC 00 084 5XXXX
Got approved on 04/18/01

Today I Got my passport stamped at Westminister, CA.

Reached at 6.45 AM. and was out by 8.30 AM

Now, I am not sure which service center will finally issue the Green card to me.
Thanks

No Title

I beleive you will get the card from VSC only and which is very prompt in sending the plastic cards. You will expect yours within a month after stamping.

No Title

mewar_se, does your approval notice ask you to stamp in California or in the states of VSC area? If the approval notice asks you to stamp in the states of VSC area and you do the stamp in California, does the INS officer ask you any special question?

No Title

I stay in LA county. It was mentioned in approval notice that I should go to LA center but since LA center is over crowded I decided to go to Westminister center ( 58 miles from my place as compared to 26 miles (LA ) ).

Officer did not ask any Q. I had gone with my courtsey copy.

No Title

mewar_se,

have you been staying in california since before filing i485 at vsc or did you change address?

No Title

Hi AquaLung,

Nice to see you after a while on thos board !
So what are the developments in your case. I thought you would have got your approval. wish you GoodLuck if you still waiting for approval.

No Title

Thanks mewar_se. I have the same question as AquaLung. Did you change your address before moving to LA?

No Title

I have been staying at the same place working for the same company from day one when GC process was started.

My company\'s HQ are at Wilton, Connecticut and then to use fast processing speed ( in 99 ) of VSC :( my case was filed from VSC.

Do you guys know somebody who had files from vsc did stamping under deferent service center and got PLASTIC cards from the parent processing center.

LA center takes 6 - 8 months to send out plastic cards.

your inputs are appreciated.

Thanks

No Title

hi oct2000,

i got tired of waiting for gc to come thru; i got a better offer, so i changed jobs. hoping to use the 180 days rule. otherwise, my new employer has already re-started the gc process, i\'m done with labor cert. and have filed i140, thru the new employer. i feel better this way than aimlessly wait for ins for approval or regulations.

things are hectic at my new job and don\'t visit this board as often as before. still, i will keep this board posted with developments, as and when they happen!!

it\'s good to see vsc make the big jumps...best luck to everyone.