Will USCIS compare my birth city(on my parents' I130) to my 485filed years ago?

viva5

Registered Users (C)
I am going to file I130/I485 for my parents after I take the oath. I just found out my new birth certificate's(for my parents' application) birth city is different with the one I had before(on my I-485, I filed years ago).

Will USCIS check my origianl immigration file for my parents' GC application, even though I become US citizen.
Thanks,

viva5 said:
I am going to file I130/I485 for my parents after I take the oath. I just found out my new birth certificate's(for my parents' application) birth city is different with the one I had before(on my I-485, I filed years ago).

Will USCIS check my origianl immigration file for my parents' GC application, even though I become US citizen.
Thanks,

chances are they might, since your record is already in their database. How come you have multiple birth certificates with different cities?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.
I noticed that I still need a birth certificate for my parents' I-485, right? The instruction says I need to have my BC to approve the relationship between my parents and me

I lost my original birth certificate. I have to to get a BC notary...the BC notary of my birth city is based on the city of my parents liveing now, somehow.:(

viva5 said:
Thanks for the reply.
I noticed that I still need a birth certificate for my parents' I-485, right? The instruction says I need to have my BC to approve the relationship between my parents and me

I lost my original birth certificate. I have to to get a BC notary...the BC notary of my birth city is based on the city of my parents liveing now, somehow.:(

You need your BC to file I130 for your parents. Your BC is the evidence of your (petiotioner) relation to the parents (beneficiaries). You may want to get a BC notary with accurate information.

viva5 said:
Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for giving you wrong information earlier. Yes, you need to prove relationship with your parents via a BC just like how you prove relationship with your spouse via a marriage certificate. If applying for spouse, BC is not needed, If applying for parents, BC is needed