will this temporary job affect my citizenship application?

huimeizheng

Registered Users (C)
I am having a job doing research. I got my green card through extraordinary ability for doing research.
I will have a seasonal job during holidays as salesman, selling toys in a store to help my friend for about ten days. It is only a temporary job and part time, but it is a formal job and I need to pay tax. I have two questions.

Do I need to write down this job on N400?

Will this temporary job affect my citizenship application?

Thank you very much.

Why are you creating a new thread? What did you claim to be your extraordinary ability? If you got a green card for being a math wizard, parking cars on the weekend to earn additional income won't be a problem. However, if parking cars is all that you do to earn income, your green card is in trouble because you can't justify the extraordinary skills. However, if you work at an actuary for an insurance company designing complex mathematical instructions, then you should be fine as long as that jobs is 80% of your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. that's what I meant, fixed and for all these years, I've had a typo, maybe I should hire you on my team...lol!

Al, I wonder if you also meant "spent" in that sentence, as in past tense? All the grammar stuff aside, your comments on the forum makes me want to believe that you spent more than just a couple of semesters at Columbia! If you haven't, may be you should consider a new career choice :) Great work and I am a beneficiary of your feedback and advice. Thank You!

Al, I wonder if you also meant "spent" in that sentence, as in past tense? All the grammar stuff aside, your comments on the forum makes me want to believe that you spent more than just a couple of semesters at Columbia! If you haven't, may be you should consider a new career choice :) Great work and I am a beneficiary of your feedback and advice. Thank You!

Hari,

You are kind and appreciate your comments. I meant it as spend as in a verb, as oppose to adjective=spent. For example, passed time in a specific way, reading up for a law degree as opposed to "drained resources"=spent. I have interest in going back and working towards finishing my law degree, but for now life has given me other opportunities to focus on what makes my life more meaningful and impacting other's in a positive way. I see you are almost done with your citizenship, just stick out for a week or two longer, you will be done. I am done as of today, and I moving on to other issues, I might consider a divorce, ..........................................................................................................with my employer................lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al under microscope :)

Al, which drinking bar did you register with while you were creating the Disclaimer :)

I am having a job doing research. I got my green card through extraordinary ability for doing research.
I will have a seasonal job during holidays as salesman, selling toys in a store to help my friend for about ten days. It is only a temporary job and part time, but it is a formal job and I need to pay tax. I have two questions.

Do I need to write down this job on N400?

Will this temporary job affect my citizenship application?

Thank you very much.

How did you get paid for this job? Did you pay the taxes on the income you earned from this job?
Did you do I-9 process for this job?