Will this recommendation letter have negative effect?

willowbrook

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Very useful forum and helpful people!

I am applying for NIW, 140/485 concurrent filing, planning to overnight the package Tuesday evening (Sept 27th), hopefully will make it in time. right?
One of my recommendation letter has the following sentense, does it look like "labor shortage"?
"I might add that, given the difficulty in attracting US citizens to graduate programs, it is important that we retain individuals like (my name) who have been trained in this country using US taxpayer dollars."

Also, does typos in recommendation letters matter much?

Thank you.

i am not sure how they treat applications, is it received date...or receipt date(they opening application and issue receipt notice).

i think you can go ahead and send the application, and rectify things when you get RFE

willowbrook said:
Hi all,

I am applying for NIW, 140/485 concurrent filing, planning to overnight the package Tuesday evening (Sept 27th), hopefully will make it in time. right?
One of my recommendation letter has the following sentense, does it look like "labor shortage"?
"I might add that, given the difficulty in attracting US citizens to graduate programs, it is important that we retain individuals like (my name) who have been trained in this country using US taxpayer dollars."

Thank you.

Well we are not aware of your background or preparations other that what you have said. BUT ..It is time which is important now! so just DO IT!
I am sure this sentence will not harm you in any big way! ALL THE BEST!

willowbrook said:
Hi all,

Thank you.
Good luck with your application.
I have had similar sentence in one of the letters for my OR filing and I think it is fine.
In my opinion, it is better to take care of all typos.
Good luck again,