Will this qualify for EB2?

dohko8

Registered Users (C)
I have an MBA and 2 years of part time experience.
How can I run an Eb2 ad?
Can we use MBA+0 or BS+3? What would be the equivalent?
Do I have to qualify through both requirements?

EB 2 is for those with a Masters or a bachelor's with five years progressive experience. It's one or the other - you have to qualify one but not necessarily both. Since you have the Masters, it's straight forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
But would it be easy to get Eb2 with an MBA as a Market Research Analyst? MBA+0 for example?

But would it be easy to get Eb2 with an MBA as a Market Research Analyst? MBA+0 for example?

EB-2 or EB-3 etc depend on what the job requires as posted when you apply for labor clearance. Ofcourse if the job requires masters you need the masters but if the job requires bachelors degree with less than 5 years experience then i am not sure you can qualify for EB-2 even if you have masters or Phd. This is my opinion, please clarify with competent lawyer or other gurus on this forum.

EB2 = REQUIRING a Master's degree plus X # yrs of experience or the alternative requirements of a (4 yr) Bachelor's degree plus 5 yrs of progressive experience. The person for whom you are applying must meet one or the other, however the M+X#yrs is the main requirement and the B+5 is the alternative requirement.

EB3 = REQUIRING a Bachelor's degree plus X # yrs of experience.

Let us know if you have any other q's.

Will this qualify for EB2

Hi,

I have the same question about my case.

My position is chemical engineer, the job required a master degree(which I have) and the prevailing wage level is between level 2 and level 3.
When I go on the Flcdatacenter website the job description mentions a Job zone 4 and Education&Training code: 5 Bachelor degree.

Do you think I qualify for EB-2 despite the FLC job description ?

Thanks for your answer.

Under current regulations, occupations falling under job zone 4 which has an svp range of 7-8, the maximum education and experience requirements are Bachelors plus 2 years of experience OR masters Plus 0 years experience (EB2), education and experience requirements beyond these will defenitely trigger business necessity audits

Hello,
How many years of experience needed for EB3?

A 4 year US-equivalent Bachelor's Degree is all that is needed for EB-3.

EB category is based on what the real job requires and not what you have. You may have an MS and still may not be able to file under EB-2 because the job does not require an MS or BS plus 5 yrs exp. A B.S. degree holder might as well perform the duties outlined in the job requirements. I know many who had to file under EB-3 even though they have a U.S. Master degree just because other positions with the same job duites are filled with B.S. folks.

Hello,
How many years of experience needed for EB3?

It depends on the position and what it requires! A position could require a Bachelor's plus 6 months up to 3 years (3 years if the person possesses a 3 year bachelor's degree) is relatively "normal" for an EB3 case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have the same question about my case.

My position is chemical engineer, the job required a master degree(which I have) and the prevailing wage level is between level 2 and level 3.
When I go on the Flcdatacenter website the job description mentions a Job zone 4 and Education&Training code: 5 Bachelor degree.

Do you think I qualify for EB-2 despite the FLC job description ?

Thanks for your answer.

If your company can document that there is a business necessity for you to have an EB2-level position, then yes, you can qualify, as long as you have a US master's (or a 3 yr Bach & 3 yr Mast, or a 4 yr Bach and a 2 yr Mast.) Keep in mind though there will very likely be an audit on the case, so your company/attorney will have to prepare very strong documentation as to why the position requires higher-level than the FLC data states.