Will This Make Retro Guys Happy

eBhola

Registered Users (C)
If the EAD and AP is extended to 5 years or may be 10 years.

Will this make a Retro guy happy and at peace.... and stop visiting this forum for quite some time.

Seems doable then running all the numbers each and every month.

Whats Ur take on this?

nonogc said:
I don't know for us who can't file 485 :confused:

Well .. say even H1b extended by another 6 years ...

U already have 3 years extension ... all this is quite doable as they do not require all the debates etc etc

Band aid solution ...

eBhola said:
If the EAD and AP is extended to 5 years or may be 10 years.

Will this make a Retro guy happy and at peace.... and stop visiting this forum for quite some time.

Seems doable then running all the numbers each and every month.

Whats Ur take on this?

eBhola,

Although EAD and AP extension for 5 years will help, it is only a band-aid solution. Do you really expect people to stick around with the same employer or job for 10 years. I know that people can use AC21 to change jobs but it is still risky. Something also needs to be said about living in constant uncertainty. I can't imgaine living another 5-6 years in the constant fear of making one wrong move whether I meant to or not.

I understand the need to have EADs and APs valid for over one year but that needs to be a really short term goal. Don't get me wrong, we need to fight for this but what is more important is that we continue fighting for larger improvements that will lead to long term improvements in this broken system. The last thing we want to do is accept small victories as big achievements and become complacement.

regards,

saras

It is going to be hard to convince USCIS on this. I-765 is their cash cow and my back of the envelope calculations gives an estimated revenue of 50 million dollars a year. You think USCIS would want to reduce this. No way.

No big deal.

I see it more as a very welcome and desirable saving issue. Very few of us would see this is an important measure, since the restrictions to change jobs are there the same way.

It is better than nothing

Overcoming the retrogression can only be a long term option and even if we get some relief, it may not be on all the issues. It would definetely save us a lot of money to have the EAD and AP extended for even 3 years.

If no final decision is taken three years after filing for Labor, you get your GC immediately. That's the only thing that'll make a lot of people happy. :rolleyes:

Money is not a problem. Let USCIS make it for 5 years for EAD+AP card which should have some gains with respect to switch employers easily, people will be ready to pay hefty renewal fee on demand.

nyte_crawler said:
It is going to be hard to convince USCIS on this. I-765 is their cash cow and my back of the envelope calculations gives an estimated revenue of 50 million dollars a year. You think USCIS would want to reduce this. No way.

I believe AC21 gives you the choice of switching employers, although it is vague. But by keeping it vague, it is easy to fit numerous people. How are they going to achieve their strategy of achieving 6 months processing time if they indeed issue 3 yr EAD, that will conflict with their own views. USCIS is one of the defunct organizations in US. They have to work on so many things at various levels to fix these problems and then they have their bureacracy and politics behind it.

If they go that route, chances are they would be smart enough to charge the amount upfront. EAD for 3 years = 3 x cost of EAD 1 year. That would they would keep the revenue strong.

Rose101 said:
Money is not a problem. Let USCIS make it for 5 years for EAD+AP card which should have some gains with respect to switch employers easily, people will be ready to pay hefty renewal fee on demand.

Excellent point ..

nyte_crawler said:
I believe AC21 gives you the choice of switching employers, although it is vague. But by keeping it vague, it is easy to fit numerous people. How are they going to achieve their strategy of achieving 6 months processing time if they indeed issue 3 yr EAD, that will conflict with their own views. USCIS is one of the defunct organizations in US. They have to work on so many things at various levels to fix these problems and then they have their bureacracy and politics behind it.

nyte_crawler,

You bring up a great point. By issuing multiple year EADs and APs, the USCIS will indirectly declare that they are taking a lot of time to approve cases. This is in direct violation of their stated goal of completing the process in 6 months. Retrogression is actually helping them look really good right now. The processing dates are within 6-10 months of the current date and anyone eligible to file a case right now will probably get his/her GC within a few months. So in essence the DOS and USCIS have achieved the Bush mandated "6 month processing time" by making most of the cases ineligbile for processing. The funniest part about this is that retrogressed cases are not considered backlogged. This is a fact that my lawyer shared with me. So if your case is currently retrogressed and remains so for 4 more years, it will not be considered pending for four years. It will only be considered backlogged from the point the PD moves past your PD + whatever time it was pending before retro hit. In purely legal terms, most of our cases that will acutally take 7-8 years to gain approval because of retrogression will be considered backlogged by a few months or a couple of years MAX when the PDs do become current. This way we cannot even go to court and claim that our cases have been pending for over 7-8 years because legally they have nt been pending for that long. Isn't this system just wonderful. The more I think about it, the more angry I get :(

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.. I got it..... I thought it over once.....
For anything, it comes around for an immigration law change.. And USCIS is there to misinterpret or mismanage it...... Disgusting....

nyte_crawler said:

The only thing that will make me happy is if we could do GC process without being tied to an employer. My situation is crap because I can't even file for I145 due to retrogression and hence I cannot even obtain EAD!!!

It does help, but, not for me....

Just venting my anger.

I work for reasonably good company on some competitive projects. But, my manager is a BIG "B....". She does know once limitations on H1.

I just want to get out of here........

ufo2002 said:
The only thing that will make me happy is if we could do GC process without being tied to an employer. My situation is crap because I can't even file for I145 due to retrogression and hence I cannot even obtain EAD!!!

Yes! multi year EAD emans nothing to me because I could not file 485! :mad: