Will the online case status change after fingerprinting?

anonym

Registered Users (C)
Will the online case status message change after fingerprinting is done? If so, what is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No guarantee

anonym,

Some people see a LUD change along with a message, some people only see a LUD change, there is also a large portion of filers that see no change in status after FP. No one can predict which one of the three categories your case will fall under.

regards,

saras

There is only one I-485 receipt date in the message. It never changes. * Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on mm/dd/yy... * What date are you talking about? Where can I see the LUD? Thanks.

Lud

anonym said:
There is only one I-485 receipt date in the message. It never changes. * Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on mm/dd/yy... * What date are you talking about? Where can I see the LUD? Thanks.

anonym,

LUD refers to the "Last Updated" column of the online portfolio. When the date under this column changes we refer to it as a LUD change. Sometimes only the dates change and not the message. This usually signifies some sort of activity with a file.

Hope this answers your question.

regards,

saras

Thank you for the reply. But I am confused by you said * LUD refers to the "Last Updated" column of the online portfolio * Where is the last column? Do you mean I need to Create a Portfolio Account, then I can see the LUD? I have never created the Portfolio Account but only check the processing status on the Case Status Search Page at USCIS Web Site

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp;jsessionid=c9uBFYt5hGO8

After entering the case number it displays the case processing info. If the case is approved, it will display it. Is the info displayed in one’s Portfolio Account different from what I see on the Case Status Search Page?

Yes, you have to create a Portfolio Account to see the LUD.

About your original question about case status message changing, as someone mentioned above, maybe, but probably not.

Spouse and I did FP last week on 6/29. Had LUD changes on 6/29, 6/30 and 7/05, so far, but no message change.

Phoned FBI today and learned that our FP results were sent to USCIS on 6/29 and 6/30 respectively.