Will the approval notice be fowared?

take111111

Registered Users (C)
I changed the address recently. Will the approval notice from BCIS be forward to my new address by US postal service?

Not safe to rely on the Postal Service to forward all your mails, you should get your address updated. Some of your mails could get forwarded to your new address for a maximum of 6 months.If you are expecting something very important & assuming the residents at your old address are friendly and helpful, you could request them to hold on to your mail and let you know

not likely

Post office doesnot forward the INS mails.

They go back to INS and could take 3- 6 months before they resend it to you.
Best option is update your address with INS, BCIS...

Ps: They have the liberty to change their names every few months, but we cannot even change the address.

Ap just approved

But I am going to move on March 1, and I am not sure INS will sent to me or to the lawyer. Any idea?

Did you updated your address thru 1800 center

Did you updated your address thru 1800 center by calling them and If not forget about ur AP bcoz Postal service doesn't forwards INS/BCIS/DHS or IRS MAILS.

1800 people are useful idiots for updating address only, then you will get address confirmation to ur new address.

pathapati
022165XXXX:mad: :mad:

Only chance you have is to update the address with INS. Call 1-800 number to update your address and also fax an address change form to INS directly for each of your pending cases, seperately. The form is available in the guidelines PDF document.

http://shusterman.com/pdf/csc2003.pdf

Do you know when your AP got approved? If its only couple of days, you have more possibility that they will mail approval to the new address, if you update your address now.

You are lucky if you get your AP forwarded to your new address because USPS does not forward INS mails.

So, act NOW.

Good luck!!

try hloding the mail at post office

Hi,
You can request to hold all your mail to the post office and pick it up from there. That may work for sometime if your new address is not too far for you to visit the post office covering your old address. Meanwhile, call the 1.800 number and update the address.