Will my PR still be vailid in Feb 2007?

CaDude

Registered Users (C)
hi Folks,

I got my Green Card end of April 2006. It is employement based (eb2) GC.

I decided to take a 3 month long break in India starting 25th of Sept. However due to some unforeseen circumstances I have to extend my break till end of February 07 totalling about 150 days.

My question:

1. Will I be able to enter US without any hassales? I didnt apply for Return Permit or any other documentation for extended stay outside US.

2. Is the 182 day rule based on per year basis? or at a given strech? Or is it prorated based on a year?

3. If there are chances of any problem with immigration how can I avoid it while I still have time to gather documentation?

Any/all help in this regards will be appreciated.

Thanks

CaDude said:
hi Folks,

I got my Green Card end of April 2006. It is employement based (eb2) GC.

I decided to take a 3 month long break in India starting 25th of Sept. However due to some unforeseen circumstances I have to extend my break till end of February 07 totalling about 150 days.

My question:

1. Will I be able to enter US without any hassales? I didnt apply for Return Permit or any other documentation for extended stay outside US.

As long as you are back in US before 182 days of your departure date you are fine

2. Is the 182 day rule based on per year basis? or at a given strech? Or is it prorated based on a year?

its not per year basis.. its between your departure to arrival

3. If there are chances of any problem with immigration how can I avoid it while I still have time to gather documentation?

no problem till 182 days

Any/all help in this regards will be appreciated.

Thanks