Will LUD be updated after RFE????

octFiler

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

As some of you know my 485 was approved on 26th July and yesterday(4th Aug) my wife's 485 LUD was updated and status changed saying they have send rfe for this case and today(5th Aug) the LUD was updated again. Why would they update the LUD after sending the RFE yesterday? Does any body have any idea?

Thanks,
octFiler.

Did for me

octFiler said:
Hi,

As some of you know my 485 was approved on 26th July and yesterday(4th Aug) my wife's 485 LUD was updated and status changed saying they have send rfe for this case and today(5th Aug) the LUD was updated again. Why would they update the LUD after sending the RFE yesterday? Does any body have any idea?

Thanks,
octFiler.

octfiler,

when an RFE was issued for my 140, the issue date was 07/06/2004 the status changed and the LUD, the LUD changed on 07/21/2004 without any status changes,
even today too after my I140 was approved yesterday, the LUD changed again this morning to 08/05/2004. Not sure what the date means after the fact.

regards,
sreddy227

sreddy227 said:
octfiler,

when an RFE was issued for my 140, the issue date was 07/06/2004 the status changed and the LUD, the LUD changed on 07/21/2004 without any status changes,
even today too after my I140 was approved yesterday, the LUD changed again this morning to 08/05/2004. Not sure what the date means after the fact.

regards,
sreddy227

Hmm strange are thou ways :)...

In your case if LUD updated after 140 approved might mean your 485 approval is on its way i guess but you mentioned you did not FP yet so am not sure though......

Thanks,
octFiler.

octFiler said:
Hmm strange are thou ways :)...

In your case if LUD updated after 140 approved might mean your 485 approval is on its way i guess but you mentioned you did not FP yet so am not sure though......

Thanks,
octFiler.

well said "Hmm strange are thou ways" :)

Octfiler,
My guessing is that the officer might have issued the RFE on August 04,2004. But the RFE letter might have been printed after midnight by an automatic processing. And that might be the reason why your wife's LUD changed to 08/05/04. (Same thing applies to Reddy also for his approval letter).

naanshi.

LUD keeps changing even after approval

Guys,

It may be irrelevant here, but just want to share my experience with LUD...

I applied H1b (I-129) for my brother, it was approved on July31 and updated online on 08/01, but still as of today I notice LUD gets updated everyday..

Why would the date gets updated even though approval notice is mailed. Its strange and really not sure how this LUD works.

sreddy227 said:
octfiler,

regards,
sreddy227

naanshi said:
Octfiler,
My guessing is that the officer might have issued the RFE on August 04,2004. But the RFE letter might have been printed after midnight by an automatic processing. And that might be the reason why your wife's LUD changed to 08/05/04. (Same thing applies to Reddy also for his approval letter).

naanshi.

Sounda very logical, Thanks Nanshi.