Will I ever have a green card? ( F1 -> I-485, I-130 -> I-360 )...?

LuckyNY

Registered Users (C)
Will I ever have a green card?

What happened to all, whose I-360 (battered) has been approved? There no trace to anyone who’s got a green card as a battered spouse. Are they all deceased, removed from country? What should I expect?

My timeline: New York, NY

F1 from May, 15 1998 to October 2003

Married to USC on 08/22/2003

I-485 (MSC-03-….)
Received Date: September 15, 2003
I-130 (MSC-03-….)
Received Date: September 15, 2003

Initial Interview #1: (Garden City)
September 12, 2005
I went there alone with satisfactory explanation.

September 20, 2005: I field an I-360 Petition, as a battered spouse

Letter for Initial Interview #2: (Garden City)
October 13, 2005
Letter for Initial Interview #3: (Garden City)
November 3, 2005

I-360: Vermont Service Center
Receipt Date: November 7, 2005
Priority Date: September 15, 2003
Approved: May 2, 2006
(Page #1:
The above petition has been approved.
You will be notified separately when a decision is reached on you pending adjustment of status application…..

Page #2:
Supplemental notice of Deferred Action)

Inquired on June 15, 2006 Missouri service center (Copy of pending I-485 and approved I-360 have been included)
Eight nuisance calls have been made to 1-800 number.
Nothing changed and no more news since October 4, 2005 regarding I-485
Online Message:
Current Status:
On October 4, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I don’t have a lawyer.

Anybody give me any advice, please. "When a decision is reached on you pending adjustment of status application"-- WHEN ? In a Month, Year, Yearssssssssssssssssssss?
:confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are in a waiting game . You could write to your DO , or you can just sit tight and wait . Now that the case has resumed , you should schedule an Infopass Appointment . Good Luck ,

Welcome to the "club"! I had my interview based on I-360 (VAWA) in MAy 2006...the officer decided to review the Vermont File bc the damned INS lost my original file...now waiting.

I am unable to change an address on I-485

Actually, I have never had an interview. :eek: I-130 has been replaced by I-360
(I-360 inherited Priority Date: September 15, 2003 from I-130).

I have my old I-485 (2003) which is pending at New York office, since I-360 had been field (2005).

There one more problem. I am unable to change an address on I-485. Since October 2005 to present day, I call to 1(800)… number, 3-4 times per month in request to change the address it still unchanged.

Same problem to change the f** address with info pass at Federal Plaza. The immigration officers at Federal Plaza have amazing eyes without any sparkle of intelligence. :mad:

I-360 Pending

OH! MY GOD! You're all scaring me.
I filled I-360 on 1st of May of this year (2006). So far I already went for fingerprints.
I hope my case IS different since I am applying for Domestic Abuse moreover with a help of one non-profit organization. The laywer told me that the total time should be no more that six month. I am checking INS's processing dates from time to time and now they are viewing March 1st, 2006. So, I hope that I have just about 2 months to go.

My best wishes to everyone who is waiting.
:)

My Address has been changed

Holly cow! :D I got a letter from U.S Department of Homeland Security today.
My Address has been changed, after all those month and hundreds of hours on a hold.
It took nothing, only 11 month

U.S.Departmentof HomelandSecurity
National Benefits Center
P.O. Box 648005 Lees Summit, MO64064
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Thursday, August 10,2006
***MY Name***
Adress ****
Dear **My Name***:
On 08/10/2006 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Callerindicated they are: The applicant
Attorney Name: Information not available
Case tipe: I-485
Filing date: Information not available
Receipt #: msc-03-******
Beneficiary(ifyou filed for someone else): ***My Name***
A YourUSCIS Account Number (A-number): A0******
Typeof serviceChange of Address requested:
The status of this service request is:

Recently, you called us to update your address. We have updated your address in our systems and on your application or petition. Thank you for notifying us of your change of address. If you change your address again in the future, please contact customer service at the number provided below.
If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify
the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant
status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the
address shown on that form. If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the
National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. If you move, please call us
with your new address information as soon as your move is complete. If you have already called us and given us
this information, you do not need to call again.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services