Will EB1-EA priority dates continue to remain current?

deena_etc

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if the EB1-EA dates for India in the visa bulletin are likely to go back (retrogress) in the next few months? Or does that usually happen in September or October?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the EB1-EA dates in the visa bulletin are likely to go back (retrogress) in the next few months? Or does that usually happen in September or October?

Chances of EB1 retrogressing are very low even for India or China.

Ajasha,

I hope you are right. But just wondering how you know this for so sure:)

I don;t know for sure. But if you look at the trends- EB1 was never retrogressed. In Oct 2005 DOS overestimated and retrogressed every category. This happened because-
The DOL and USCIS were not processing a lot of case so EB3 was current for whole world. Due to this the unused visa no. from each category were transferred to India and China. Early in 2005 EB3 rest of world retrogressed. Due to this DOS will transfer unused no of EB1 and EB2 to EB3 in same country. So in Oct 2005 DOS overestimated the dates but the forward movement was very fast about 6 months every month.

Even if EB1 will retrogress, it will only retrogress few months. Not like EB2 and EB3. EB2 from India is retrogressed because of most of computer professionals are eligible for EB2 because of work experience.

I don;t know for sure. But if you look at the trends- EB1 was never retrogressed. In Oct 2005 DOS overestimated and retrogressed every category. This happened because-
The DOL and USCIS were not processing a lot of case so EB3 was current for whole world. Due to this the unused visa no. from each category were transferred to India and China. Early in 2005 EB3 rest of world retrogressed. Due to this DOS will transfer unused no of EB1 and EB2 to EB3 in same country. So in Oct 2005 DOS overestimated the dates but the forward movement was very fast about 6 months every month.

Even if EB1 will retrogress, it will only retrogress few months. Not like EB2 and EB3. EB2 from India is retrogressed because of most of computer professionals are eligible for EB2 because of work experience.
Thank you Ajasha.

Thanks for your response ajasha and the link too..I was just going to post the link myself when I saw your post :)

Thank you Ajasha and Deena...
I was a little concerned as I have my PD as June 12, '06 whereas my husband's on Feb 21, '07. But we plan to proceed with his I-140 as it is in TSC. Hope we will not lose the 'C' status on EB1....

My attorney was saying after September 2007, EB-1 may retrogress for India again for 2-3 months. He may have some calculation. I am not sure how.

I was applying for EB1-EA, I have approved EB2 I140, can I tell about my EB2 I140 approval in my EB2-EA filing?

It looks like you guys have some experience, can anyone suggest me. My attorney says it may help to speed the process.

Thanks

Check this to know:

Mr. Oppenheim stated that the employment-based first preference (EB1) category is expected to remain current for all countries of chargeability, including India and China. This is likely throughout the remainder of FY2007 (ending September 30, 2007).

Mr. Oppenheim explained what he referred to as the “trickling effect” of unused visa numbers between EB categories. This trickling effect has resulted in the EB1 category's having remained current. The numbers in the employment-based fourth preference (EB4) and employment-based fifth preference (EB5) categories that are unused are transferred up to the EB1 category. Without this trickling affect, the EB1 category would not remain current for India and China.

This also has an impact on EB2, as unused EB1 numbers trickle down to EB2. There are not enough numbers for India and China, however, to allow the EB2 for these two countries to become current. But it has helped to move EB2 forward for these two countries, to some extent.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_empbas.html