Will Copy of RFE be sufficient to respond ?

Alibaba

Registered Users (C)
My case number is WAC02-067-XXXXX. I am responding to the RFE that was generated on my case on Feb 26th. I have one quick question.

I do have in my possession only the copy of the RFE. Is there a problem is responding to the RFE by using the copy ? Or must I use the original RFE to respond ?

Thanks for your help.

Another question

The folks who have replied to the RFE, please reply.

The very last line on the RFE says - " If you are not currenty working for the petitioner, explain why."

I used to consult for my old company and I joined the client as a permanent employee. What should I write in order to respond to RFE in reference to that explaination?

Thanks for your help

I received an RFE recently too..

on mine it says, "please resubmit this notice on top of all requested documents"

and at the bottom( just about the tracking bar code) it says "save a photocopy of this notice"

so I think it implies we need to send the original blue copy back to the INS.

My lawyer sent the Blue one back to the INS and ofcourse I kept a copy of the RFE

hope this helps

--rdprasad
wac01-292-XXXX

GURUS PLEASE REPLY TO THIS

The very last line on the RFE says - " If you are not currenty working for the petitioner, explain why."

I used to consult for my old company and I joined the client as a permanent employee. What should I write in order to respond to RFE in reference to that explaination?

Thanks for your help

If you were paid as a consultant and then you joined the same company on a regular basis, then I think there is no problem. As long as you make the salary mentioned on your LC it should be fine.

So I guess you could say you are working for same company. This is based on what you have presented so far. Anyways, check with your lawyer alawys.

Alibaba,

Let me get this clear, you used to work for Company A as a full time employee, but were working as a consultant for Company B. And now you have joined Company B full time?

If this is correct, then what you need to do is file for AC21, and send it in along with your RFE, current EVL and whatever else they are asking for.

If the situation was not as mentioned above, please clarify.

140_takes_4ever thanks for response,

Your assumption is correct. But I have to explain in my RFE response that why I am not working currently with the petitioner.

I hope it is a common question for RFE(s). I am wondering how other people have responded to this.

I can say " Opportunity cease to exist with my petitioner." But if somebody has responded to the question could they please cut/paste their response here ?

Thanks alot.