Will change of address effect my I485 approval time.

h1waiter

Registered Users (C)
My nd-12/00,rd-12/00 fp-3/01 we are planning to shift our house this october. So will this effect our I485approval, like will it take more time and the normal time if we have change of address. Please share u\'r experiance or experiance of people u know.

thanks for u\'r answer

No difference

We just moved recently and all we did was call an IIO and inform the lady of the change of address. We had no problems. We got our AP and EAD at the same time or even quicker than many other people who have recently posted their info. It\'s only a problem if you inform them of the change of address after they have already mailed you the document. Second time round it takes long. So make sure you inform them as soon as you can.

What is second time round??

I have to move on November and my I485 was filed on April. My EAD, AP, FP is done. So does this mean it would be a problem/delay when I change my address. Your advice is highly appreciated

NO

You can change your address without affecting processing time. I changed my address with INS in begining of APril 2001. My I-485 was approved in end of May 2001. Filed in June 2000.

Go ahead and make a change of address.

No Title

I do not think so, I moved and called an IIO and she helped me change address in a ziffy. I received my EAD to the new address without any problems.

change address in different center

What about if you have to change your address outside your original jurisdiction (for example moving from California to Texas)?

thanks a lot for all u\'r responses

smile,

did u send any change of address documents to INS or just called INS and talked to IIO and informed her the change of address.
Will the change the address without any written document or form for the change of address valid.

thanks for u\'r reply

No Title

I did not send any written document for change of address.The IIO informed me they do this on line, so I guess we dont have to submit AR11 any more.

Second time round

Let me explain. If INS has mailed you a document at your old address, the document will be returned to them by the post office even if you have asked the post office to forward your mail to the new address. If you then call INS and ask them to re-send the same document to you again at the new address, it will most likely take a lot of time for INS to re-send it to your new address. This resending is what I referred to as \'second time around\'. So it is advisable to inform them of a change in address as soon as possible. I hope this helps.

Change of address

Change of mailing address even from one state to another doesn\'t make any difference ( my wife\'s was changed from Illinois to Washington state with no questions asked ) but if INS thinks it involves a job change then of course they may ask you for more information.