Will Biometrics Notice indicate Completion of Name Check?

master_chari

Registered Users (C)
I did FP in Feb 2005. Now it is Oct 2005. I got Biometrics Code 2 already.

Usually, we get second FP only 15 months after first FP isn't it? But, it is just 8 months after my first FP now.

I just checked a month ago that my case is pending in Name Check.

Did this Biometrics indicate completion of Name Check? Or Name Check and Biometrics are two unrelated things???

Or am I too ambitious? :)

master_chari said:
I did FP in Feb 2005. Now it is Oct 2005. I got Biometrics Code 2 already.

Usually, we get second FP only 15 months after first FP isn't it? But, it is just 8 months after my first FP now.

I just checked a month ago that my case is pending in Name Check.

Did this Biometrics indicate completion of Name Check? Or Name Check and Biometrics are two unrelated things???

Or am I too ambitious? :)

Chari,

Same here. I did my FP in DEC 2004 and got Biometrics 2 last month. I did the bio on 5th Oct and 2 times LUD without any change in message. God knows what is happening there. Nothing in this GC process is related to each other. I believe it is totally a waste of tax payer money and just to create some job opportunities for some people. The entire GC process doesn't make any sense.

gc-reqd,

Is your name check pending before you got your Bio? And did you check if there is any change of status in Name Check after Bio?

in my case, uscis issued name check request to FBI and fp code 3 to me at the same time. My name check is still pending after 2 month. USCIS told me this about 3 weeks ago. I don't know if it is complete or not.

Will The LUD change when USCIS receive the name check result???

master_chari said:
gc-reqd,

Is your name check pending before you got your Bio? And did you check if there is any change of status in Name Check after Bio?

Chari,

I sent an email to Mr. Williams, but got the same reply again and again nothing other than the standard reply. The LUD changed after Biometrics on 5th and 6th, but I did not see change in message.

It would be nice if the Biometrics request is the indication of completion of name check process. Unfortunately nothing is predictable in this process.

A system that has no specific business rules to it. Very sad for this country.

Another interesting thing is, it would be nice to see how many people got rejected due to name check. It looks like another excuse to delay the things..

I did FP on Nov 2004( First time). 2 weeeks ago I got 2nd FP code3.
After I got the notice I sent an email to Mr Williams( DIV XII ) and got
a reply that name check pending & no visa no.

I'm sceduled to do fp on later this week. will update you guys.
We cannot guess anything from this. One of my friend filed 30 days prior to me. Another guy one week ahead of me. We have same PD, from same country same company etc. None of them got FP.

God only knows what these guys are doing there.

thx
babu

I feel there should be some reason why they are asking for Biometrics second time well before 15 months. Except that it is hard for us to "reverse-engineer" their process.

My wife got second FP just with in three weeks after the first. She got code 3. That is the reason why I am doubting that it is related to name check. My wife's name check seems to be done because when she asked Div XII they said "should be processed in 6 weeks". Also, she is pretty new in this country. Where as for me they said "Name Check is pending".

May be, couple of weeks after doing the biometrics, we should ask Div XII about our status that if the name check is complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

Could somebody explain what is Code 3 FP? Also there seems to be much hush about getting FP done before 10/01/2005. Isn't it the deadline to file a AOS application lest it becomes retrospective. Currently, it seems the Priority date is moved back to 1998. Do not know how much of it is true.
What is Div II? Is it a division in USCIS or FBI? Who is Mr. Williams.
Will writing to him help me in resolve my case that is stuck in Name Check process.
I-485 RD 12/2004
1st FP 01/2005
Interview in 04/2005
RFE on 485 in 04/2005
Replied to RFE 07/2005
Current status is waiting for name check

Your responses are highly appreciated.
Thanks

master_chari said:
I feel there should be some reason why they are asking for Biometrics second time well before 15 months. Except that it is hard for us to "reverse-engineer" their process.

My wife got second FP just with in three weeks after the first. She got code 3. That is the reason why I am doubting that it is related to name check. My wife's name check seems to be done because when she asked Div XII they said "should be processed in 6 weeks". Also, she is pretty new in this country. Where as for me they said "Name Check is pending".

May be, couple of weeks after doing the biometrics, we should ask Div XII about our status that if the name check is complete.
I have been reading this forum for the past month and thought might finally contribute.

Me and my wife finished our 1st FP in Nov 2004. Got bio notices dated 22nd Sep 05. Completed bio Oct 7, 05. Received LUDs on successive days after completing bio without change in status message (like most of us). We have been stuck in name check (like most of us) and affected by retrogression. Even I was wondering if the trigger for sending the bio notices so far in advance before expiration of 1st FP was/is anyway related to "nearing name check completion".

Today my wife received another LUD with a change in status message as follows

"On October 13, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

My case status remains unchanged.

I do not know if this means my wife's name check is complete. I am too tired to guess anymore. Franky I am at a point where I just do not care. But I thought this info might help others draw some meaningful conclusions.

Hope this helps...good luck to all.....

Bindhas,

Your wife's status message is a very standard one that appears after you go for the fingerprinting appointment. That does not mean name check is complete. Even after your first FP the status should have been in this stage only. Usually, this is the status we see most of the days on our I-485 processing! Because, after FP it is just waiting, waiting and waiting... for the Grace of God to descend on us :)

Your status should also change to the same thing in another few days.

Currently, even my status shows the same message, owing to my first FP in February this year. I have Biometrics on Oct 18 (just within 8 months) and after that it might show the same thing, except the date will be sometime in October instead of February something!

I got my Bio done in feb. of this year and name check is yet pending...don't think Bio & fingerprinting are related. They requested my name check in September of 2003 and i did my first fingerpriting April 2004.