Will B1 or B2 be specified on I-94?

immiq

Registered Users (C)
It seems B1 and B2 visas are issued B1/B2. How will the I-94 be noted the classification of status, still B1/B2 or specified B1 or B2? Can any B person check your I-94 to answer the question?

It may or may not be specific. You might get a specific handwritten classification of either B-1 or B-2, or you may get an ink B-1/B-2 stamp. Does it really matter?

It seems B1 and B2 visas are issued B1/B2. How will the I-94 be noted the classification of status, still B1/B2 or specified B1 or B2? Can any B person check your I-94 to answer the question?

Had you checked your I-94 ? What is it?

It may or may not be specific. You might get a specific handwritten classification of either B-1 or B-2, or you may get an ink B-1/B-2 stamp. Does it really matter?
Had you checked your I-94 before answered the question, by the way? What is it?

What was your visa when your I-94 was writen B2 or B1/B2?

Prior to 1996, I received both kinds. Ones with hand-written B-2 and ones with an ink stamp stating B-1/B-2
What was your visa, B2 or B1/B2 when your I-94 was written B2; what was your visa when your I-94 was stamped B1/B2? Do you still have your old visas and I-94s? Can you check them to answer this question?

I have all my passports from the time I was 17 :)
Yes the visa sticker states "B-1/B-2". As I said before, using that visa I got I-94s that had a handwritten B-2 classification and also an ink stamp stating "B-1/B-2" classification.

What was your visa, B2 or B1/B2 when your I-94 was written B2; what was your visa when your I-94 was stamped B1/B2? Do you still have your old visas and I-94s? Can you check them to answer this question?

Did the CBS automatically wrote B2 on your I-94 or you requested it?

I have all my passports from the time I was 17 :)
Yes the visa sticker states "B-1/B-2". As I said before, using that visa I got I-94s that had a handwritten B-2 classification and also an ink stamp stating "B-1/B-2" classification.
Your visa was B1/B2 but you got handwriting B2 on your I-94. Did you request it or the CBS automatically wrote B2 on your I-94?

I made no such request. I was visiting my aunt, so the officer picked B-2 as the correct classification.

Your visa was B1/B2 but you got handwriting B2 on your I-94. Did you request it or the CBS automatically wrote B2 on your I-94?

I made no such request. I was visiting my aunt, so the officer picked B-2 as the correct classification.
As the others reported, the I-94 either has B1 or B2. Only you said B1/B2 on your I-94. How did the CBS know you were visiting your aunt as you said you did not make such request and your visa was B1/B2?

I was asked the purpose of my visit. That is how the officer knew why I was seeking entry.

So, you were actually asked the question about your purpose by the CBS at a port of entry. Then you got a B2 on your I-94. How about another time, you said your I-94 had been stamped B1/B2. Were you asked the purpose at the POE? It was unusual that an I-94 can have an B1/B2 instead of specifying. It has some doubt about your saying

Last edited by a moderator: