Will AC21 immediately trigger Transfer?

gnu01

Registered Users (C)
I changed company 2 weeks back.
Lawyer gave me two options:
1) Inform BCIS immediately
2) Wait for an RFE & then reply to it with AC21 letter.

And he prefers 2).

My question to my fellow forum members is if I choose 1) will it
immediately trigger transfer?

If so when?
How long it takes for BCIS to open such kind of correspondence(AC21 letter).Do they need for my case be assigned to an officer first before transfer?

If the answer is immediate transfer I will take it. Since we know that CSC takes forever to open cases, I would be happy to get my file out of CSC and get transferred to SFO Distric office.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

gnu,

I have been in your situation recently, although I did not change company - it has been acquired. My lawyer suggested to inform BCIS. He did fill AC21 letter almost two month ago, but still without any results. I was hopping it will trigger something, but nothing so far. My WAC is 02-066, no RFE yet.

Myxa,

so, I guess, you did not join that startup company you were asking about.

gnu01,

the local office transfer will happen whenever your case is reviewed in the CSC and the necessity of the interview is determined. So you will not be able to escape the iron grip of CSC :)

So when INS reviews an AC-21 case, will this ALWAYS mean a transfer to local office and an interview?

Or is there room for escape?

Sending AC21 letter to INS is not mandatory and also informing about job change does not mean interview, yes but RFE is sure but that will be there in either case.

So sit back and relax wait for RFE, if you have every gadget in your toolbox to respond RFE, e.g. paystubs, EVL, W2s, matching salary with your LC etc..

temporal,

that's the standard procedure. If a particular AC21 case is adjudicated without an interview (which must be conducted in a local office - thus the transfer), then it is done in error. Actually, I suspect that some audit later may discover this and INS may try to do something nasty to the already approved applicant.

Of course, there is a room for escape. Leave the country. Change the identity. Start your life all over again.

Kidding ;) No, there is nothing that can be done. Not notifying INS voluntarily may be of some help, if they do not issue an RFE for paystubs. But chances are, they will issue an RFE and you will have to notify them then.

I changed jobs 3 months ago and informed them last month with AC21 letter. I am 02-045 - my old lawyer informed them that they are no longer representing me. So I sent in the new G28 form along with the letter. My new lawyer suggested that I inform them.

So fed up and tired - hope that will trigger opening my case atleast.:(

Filed AC21

I joined the client after resigning from my employer. Lawyer sent AC21 paperwork to CSC. Nothing on the matter. Meanwhile applied for EAD and AP extension and AP is approved for self and spouse. Waiting for EAD extensions.

I thought AC21 filling will trigger soemthing; it only triggered more anxiety.:(

Correct me if I am wrong ..

When you change jobs on AC21, the best strategy is to keep quiet, and say nothing, unless INS asks you for it ..

Correct?

Originally posted by BitterMan

Of course, there is a room for escape. Leave the country. Change the identity. Start your life all over again.

That does not work. Friend of mine, was here in 1980's came left back for India, came back 10 years later in late 90's, applied for SSN, they did a photograph match (I presume), and gave him the same SSN he used to have 10 years back ...

So .. nope that won't work :).

Though you could try and get reincarnated .. if ur Hindu that is .. !! I know I wanna be reincarnated as J.Lo. .. wait ... I *AM* J.Lo. never mind.

Originally posted by Silly Man
That does not work. Friend of mine, was here in 1980's came left back for India, came back 10 years later in late 90's, applied for SSN, they did a photograph match (I presume), and gave him the same SSN he used to have 10 years back ...

Good point! ;)

"Do a plastic surgery" should be added to the list (although I could argue that changing the identity might include a plastic surgery, depending on circumstances).