Wife's name change and my AOS application

THusain100

Registered Users (C)
My USC wife changed her surname to mine on her marriage certificate. However, she hasnt changed the name on any of her documents such as driver's license or her American passport. When filing the i-130 petition and my i-485 application, should we use her maiden name thats on her passport and her other documents or use her new surname?

I am not sure...but this is what I would do if I were in your shoes..

I would use the new name...and take both passport and marriage certificate to my I-130 interview.

At most they would advise her to update the docs with new name.

PunjabDaPuttar - Thanks for your replies in this post and my post on the medical examination, you have been very helpful.

My other concern is that would using her new name on all the forms cause conflict if she used her old name on her tax returns, since she is also my sponsor and will file form i-864ez for me.

Since your wife uses her maiden name on official documents like Social security card and passport, you should use that as her name on I-130 and I-485. There will be question asking for other names used. Her marriage name goes there along with her maiden name and any other names she has ever used.