Wife's interview today

ProudPal

Registered Users (C)
Interview approved then status changed to RFE

Interview was set at 7:30 AM.
We were up by 5:30 AM to get ready and prepare the kids.
We arrived at the USCIS office at 7:05 AM and they opened the door at 7:15 AM.
It was us and another lady. Then another woman and a gentleman arrived.
At 7:25 they called on my wife and of course did not allow any of us with her (unlike the green card interview).
After 5 minutes, they called the man, and the 2 ladies shortly. A 3rd woman arrived and went inside.
A nice lady (seemed russian) arrived and waited for 5 minuets before she was called.
10 minutes later, the russian lady was out and happy. She was approved. (last in ...first out)..
Few minutes after that, one the ladies came out. She was happy as well.
Then another lady came out and was told to wait for a letter within 60 days.
Then the man came out and left immediately. Could not figure out if he was approved or not..
So everyone was out except my wife and the lady who was there first.
At 7:55, my wife was out. She was approved pending her 3 years anniversary date ( 1/26).
He gave her a paper saying that she will be approved on 1/26/2012 since that is the date she got her GC.
She said he was nice and made her raise her hand to swear to tell the truth.
Then he checked her GC and DL.
He said he wanted to be done with the tests first.
She answered all 6 questions correctly and then was able to read one sentence and write "The capital of the United States is Washington D.C".
He then went through the application with her. Checked everything and asked her if she has any papers or documents for him.
He had he kids birth certificates from her GC application as well as my Naturalization Certificate.
He only checked the infant's birth certificate.
He looked at the document for the speeding ticket.
She said he did not look at anything else other than asking if she had a recent mortgage statement (which thank GOD, I printed for her just a day or ago).
The rest of the time he was chatting and asking about the kids and school ....and her dad's visit in the summer....
He then said he had the approval ready but cannot do anything until 1/26 to meet the 3 years anniversary.
HE gave her a letter saying a decision cannot be made now but he wrote next to it that approval will be made on 1/26/2012.
That is it...

Good luck to everyone...

Last edited by a moderator:
So after we did the interview and we were told we are approved but must wait until 1/26 (2 days from today) to send us the approval letter, we get a text message suggesting status change..

Request for Evidence

On January 24, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

This is so weird...
We had all documents ...
I want to think this was a mistake or something...

Update :
So we enever received any letter.However, they updated the status today...

Request for Evidence Response Review
On January 27, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our KANSAS CITY, MO location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

So it seems this is just a status in between the interview and the date of the anniversary (3 years).
I hope this would help others in same situation not to be worried...