Wife's EAD - Not Approved 75 days+:help

hai_yeh_gc

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

My wife's EAD (renewal) is not approved yet and it's been over 75 days. We got an RFE to submit a copy of old EAD and we did. But the case status still is not updated that they recieved the documents. It's been over 45 day we have submitted the docs. When I asked my attorney, she says, she contacted USCIS and they say that they haven't logged that they have recieved the docs. She also said that she couldn't initiate an enquiry since it is less than 90 days and only after that she can initiate an inquiry. She also said that after 90 days I can go to local office get a temparory card.

1. Is there any way we can make USCIS check on this case.
2. Do I need to get an appointment to go to the local office for EAD.
3. Any special documents needed for the local office trip.

Can somebody please guide me on this.

Thanks

hai_yeh_gc said:
Gurus,

My wife's EAD (renewal) is not approved yet and it's been over 75 days. We got an RFE to submit a copy of old EAD and we did. But the case status still is not updated that they recieved the documents. It's been over 45 day we have submitted the docs. When I asked my attorney, she says, she contacted USCIS and they say that they haven't logged that they have recieved the docs. She also said that she couldn't initiate an enquiry since it is less than 90 days and only after that she can initiate an inquiry. She also said that after 90 days I can go to local office get a temparory card.

1. Is there any way we can make USCIS check on this case.
2. Do I need to get an appointment to go to the local office for EAD.
3. Any special documents needed for the local office trip.

Can somebody please guide me on this.

Thanks

Hello Hai_yeh_gc

First and foremost when you sent your RFE did u send it regular mail or Registed mail. If you have sent it registered mail then it is good for you because you will have proof that they have recieved the Documents that they were asking for.

For Question 1)
The only way you can actually find out what is happening for your case is to go to the District Office.

Question2)
You have to make an appointment from Infopass from the immigration website which is www.uscis.gov

Question3)
Take Passport,
I-765 Reciepts
OLD EAD card
Drivers License if your wife has one.
any other reciepts you might have if they want to look up your A number

Thanks Nitin.

I think it has been sent thru' registered post. But I'll make sure, if that's the case.

Thanks again.

hai_yeh_gc said:
Gurus,

When I asked my attorney, she says, she contacted USCIS and they say that they haven't logged that they have recieved the docs.

Hi,

Where did your attorney called ? I have submitted my RFE documents 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen any LUD on my case. I sent RFE through priority mail and status shows that it was received by someone at CIS. I would appreciate if you can find the number to call from your attorney so I can call and ask about my RFE. BTW I have applied EAD in California Service Centre.

Thanks