Wife's EAD and Advance Parole applications rejected

gcWAC127

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for my wife's I-485 and we also applied for EAD and AP. USCIS cashed our cheques for I485 application. They rejected her filing fees for EAD and AP and returned the cheques to us. Is this normal? We are yet to receive the 485 reciept notice, however the AP and EAD rejection notice has a MSC#. Can someone throw light on this.

Thanks

if you are filing for AOS you dont have to pay separately for EAD, AP (besides the $1010 you are paying for I-485). Again, this assumes that you are filing I-130

I-130 was approved when I filed for her as my dependent while I had my GC and her company lawyer said we could just go ahead and file for her 485, we did pay $930 + $80 for 485.

They just returned the redundant payments you included for EAD and AP. No fee for EAD and AP if filed with or based on a filed I-485.

you should have send a check for $1010.00 for all (I485, I765, I131). If you did so....then I have no idea what happened.

Since the fee change at the end of July 2007, there is one all-inclusive $1010 fee for I-485, EAD, and AP. That's why they sent back the separate EAD and AP checks.

However, for those who filed their I-485 before that fee structure took effect, they have to pay again for EAD and AP renewals.