wife's case will take 1 more year

Ramesh Tendulkar

Registered Users (C)
my RD = 08/15/2001. I got married in March 2002 and then I brought my wife here to the US, and applied for her I-485 in April 2002.

I called an IIO today and he said my wife's case will not be done before April 2003 since RD = 04/17/2002.

I explained to him that this is a derivative case and my I-485 has already been approved.

Anybody with similar experience? who applied for his spouse's I-485 after his/hers - as a follow to join or I-485 amendment, ( don't know the exact terms).

If someone has done that and got his spouse's case approved can you please share your experience with me.
Thanks

Hi Ramesh,

What the IIO told you is correct.
My friend has an I-485 for the month of August 2001 at the NSC processing center.
He got married in Nov 2001 and applied for his wife's I-485 in Dec 2001.

He had called the IIO at that time (Dec2001) and he was informed that their approval would not be together.

PS: The Ramesh Tendulkar that I knew worked for Hexaware InfoSystems in SEEPZ

Hi nagsp,
Thanks for your reply.

I don't know any Ramesh Tendulkar, when i was creating an userid here, most names I could come up with were already taken.

I think Sachin Tendulkar's late dad's name was Ramesh.

That is why i remember this name and just chose it. I know Hexaware corp. but don't know any ppl working in it.

But, I hope the IIO is wrong, and my wife's case gets approved soon. I will check with a couple of other guys I know who have done this and post my findings here.

Same case

My colleague's RD was Apr 1st, 2001. He got married in Sep 2001 and after that only he added his wife's name. His got approved in Mar 2002. However his wife's case is still pending and 2 days back he learnt that her case got transferred to local office.

That means there was no link between those two files. Her case is being processed with normal Aug - Sep cases.