Wife's Birth Certificate

gcstatustracker

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife's birth certificate has her father's and mother's names misspelled. Will this be an issue, or does she need to submit any other supporting documents?

Thanks.

Yes you'll need to get an Affidavit stating the right names and why this new Affidavit is being made (state the parents names were incorrect in the BC). You'll need to add the BC as well as the new Affidavit along with the docs. It is also generally helpful to add a school leaving certificate for DOB verification. Thats what our lawyers told us to do.

Best of luck.

Affidavit format

Thanks for your reply. Can you please provide the format that you have used for the Affidavit stating the parents' right names.

I have sent it across..but please remember to verify it with your lawyer. Its an approach we have followed and please feel free to check with your lawyer.:cool:

FORMAT for the correction of misspelled names

I have sent it across..but please remember to verify it with your lawyer. Its an approach we have followed and please feel free to check with your lawyer.:cool:

Hello,
I have to file for my I 485 and I urgently need the format for the affidavit stating about the misspelled names and correct names of my parents on my DOB.
I really really appreciate if you can send me that at coupofreak@yahoo.com.
as I Urgently need that
Thanks.!!