Wife talked to IIO this morning and RFE is issued.

vsc485485

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My wife talked to IIo this morning.
Our info as follow: RD, AUG. 1?, 1999 ND, SEP, 08, 1999. EB1 OR

IIO told us that there is a RFE generated at 12/02/2000.... They have not mailed it out due to holiday back log.
IIO said that we should be able to receive it in about 2 to 3 weeks...

My question as follows:
1... what is the RFE going be?
2... Is this normal to took them so long to mail out the RFE?

Thanks!

No Title

I saw a posting on this board saying that there is a backlog of RFEs, Approval notices etc due to shortage of clerical staff who generate and sendout letters. Could you please tell us if the automated machines says anything different now that they sent RFE ?

No Title

Similar situation. Talked to an IIO on Nov 27. She said RFE was coming my way in 2-4 weeks. Wouldn\'t tell anything about the RFE. SHe said it will take 2-4 weeks due to holidays.

On dec 18 the message on the AVR (automatic voice response) changed to: "on Dec 18, 2000 we mailed you a request for additional information or evidence...."

thx

No Title

Thanks for your guys reply.
AVM is still the old message and no change.
what is content of RFE? any suggestions?

Thanks!

No Title

Normally,
- updated Biographic Info (I guess G325-A or something like that).
- If your wife did not get vaccination due to pregnancy during 485 filing.
- Tax returns to verify you have been a good boy all these years.
- If you are sponsored by an employer, then an employement letter stating that they are still interested in you.

etc.,

No Title

IIO - Immigration Information Officer (The person who answers your phone if you call VSC and want to talk to a human being)
RFE - Request For Evidence (The notice INS sends to you asking for more information, new set of photos, updated forms etc.,)

No Title

Guys,
anyone with similar RD and ND with me who already received RFE by mail?
See my early posting, RFE on 12/02 based on IIO still waiting to receive RFE.

Thanks!

No Title

Have u recd ur RFE in hand. Did the message change for you that an RFE has been issued. My message changed that a 2nd RFE has been mailed out on 16th Dec 2000. Does it mean it is really mailed out or will be mailed. How soon can I expect the RFE in hand

No Title

When was your REF generated? I talked to IIO about 2 weeks back and he said mine was generated on 27th Nov... still no sign of it! Message too has not been updated!

No Title

RFE was generated at DEC. 12.
We have been told to wait for another 2 to 3 weeks in order to receive it.
IIO mentioned that due to holiday season, there is back log for RFE to be typed and sent out.
If you got the RFE in hand, please post it also.