Wife still not approved after 8 months

Jinnah M

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to share the frustration with you.

My case as the primary applicant got approved on Apr 09, and Wife who filed with me as a secondary applicant is still waiting.

We went for 2nd Fp today, and hopefully soon she will get approved.

We went back home on AP and came back, no problems.

Contacted the Senator and Congressman (MA), still no progress.

Sent official enquiry letter through the lawyer, and still no progress. BCIS replied with standard response -> wait 6 - 9 months

I feel your pain... I'm in the same boat. I suspect there are quite a few of us hanging, waiting for spouse applications to be approved.

My approval RD 08/03/01: Mar 28, 03
My card recd: June 4, 03
Spouses 2nd FP: June 18, 03

5 months now post-2nd FP.... My lawyer has since sent at least 3 written inquiries -- no response.

Now know what a hanging chad feels like....

Same here. Even contacted Virginia Congressman Wolf and Senator George Allen. No use....they come back with the same message, INS says that there is a backlog and your wife should be approved in 30-60 days. Hearing that line from June. NOthing has changed. Sucks big time.

INS has shelved all Nov 2001 applications and no need to mention, lawyers add salt to our wounds.

AOS and child birth

Hi,
I have a stupid question which is related to this thread.

My GC is approved. My wife is still waiting for her approval.
If we are planning for pregnancy/ Child birth( since we cannot postpone certain things in life because of green card process)
what will be the status of our kid.

Does our kid a US Citizen still?, when father is a Green Card Holder and Mother may be(I wish not) in Pending Adjustment of Status at the time of child birth. Does it affects our kid's citizenship.

Thanks.

Gcrk,

If the child is born in the U.S., then the child will be a U.S. citizen. Case closed.

Good luck with all!