Wife\'s Visa

Amit3

Registered Users (C)
I have my H1 & have my EAD too..will be working on my EAD from next month onwards..plan to get married in Nov\'02..please do let me know..what Visa will my wife need when she comes here in Nov..can i still bring her on H4??
Please suggest..thanks a lot

No Title

To bring your spouse in H4 visa you have to maintain your H1 status, i.e, extend your H1 if it is expiring soon and not use EAD. Once you use EAD you will no longer be in H1.

P.S. Personal opinion only.

Visa type..

So under which visa can she enter US , if am working on an EAD..?
Thanks for the help..

She cannot come in H4..

EAD does not have a spouse category. EAD is employment authorization.
She has to wait for your 485 approval and then do CP.
If the approval comes before marriage, she will get the green card somewhere in 2005 and then she can join you.

CP???

Thanks jaxen.., buts whats a CP?
I have my finger printing schedule for next month, i plan to postpone the finger printin as i m getting married in Nov\'02
How should i go about it, all suggestions are welcome..
thanks once again..

Consular Processing

If it was proved that marriage happened before 485 approval you file I824 with INS for your spouse. After approval INS will notify the home country consulate. Your spouse goes to the interview (might require police clearance certificate depending on the consulate/country) and gets the stamp in passport. She can come to US with the approved GC. generally TSC sends the GC card to CPers.

Read the FP notice. It should say how to postpone the FP. If not clear, call or write local INS to reschedule.

thanks..but a quick question

Thanks Jaxen your reply did help a lot...I am really glad..
a quick question...if i get CP for my would be wife..does she need to be in US for medical test, finger print later ...or does she gets a approved GC without coming here. Thanks once again