Wife\'s last name

RamSwarup

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I have a question. My GC was approved a while back (I posted the message here, June \'01 RD).

We have not changed my wife\'s last name to my last name. She has got her maiden name on passport and Green Card. Currenltly she is pregnent.

I have a question. Will there be any problem in getting my last name to my child becaue we didn\'t change my wife\'s last name? Any experiences in this matter are greatly welcome.

That will not be a problem!

While I was a student, our son was born and my wife kept her maiden name on her passport, driver\'s license and so on. When we had to register our son\'s name at the hospital, all they require that his last name must match the last name of myself or my wife\'s last name and that was it.

No any problem

My daughter was born in 2000 while my wife still in F-1 and I was waiting for 140 approval. She followed my last name. You need to provide the full name of the baby (middle name optional) before you check them out so that the hospital could apply SSN for the new born. But I did tell doctors and nurses there while chatting that my wife did not change last name when we got married as I don\'t want people misunderstanding that we "Live together".